42. Fredrico

I angrily slam the axe down, splitting the wood in half

I angrily slam the axe down, splitting the wood in half. I grab another big block of wood and begin to split it.

I swing the axe and a hand touched my arm. I turn around and find Ella standing behind me. (A/N: The step-cousin who is very publicly crazy about him.)

I put down the axe, "Do you need anything?" I ask.

"Just wondering if you wanted company-"

"I don't. Goodbye," I tell her and turn back around.

She cleared her throat, "Nonna made lunch. It's your favorite. Chicken Alfredo."

"Not hungry," I tell her and swing the axe again.

I set down the axe and start to collect the wood I chopped up.

"I know the news we got last night was hard." I close my eyes at her agonizing voice.

She touches my bicep, "I'm here for you if you need me."

I turn around and she had a gentle smile on her face. "You know, if I were your girlfriend, I would be here for you. Where's Valentina? No where to be seen. That whore doesn't care about you Rico. Not like I do."

She gasp when I take her by the arm. I drag her back to the house against her protest. I bring her in the house and drag her to her mother and my Zio. Ella was already getting started on her crocodile tears.

"Keep your daughter away from me, before I fucking kill her," I order and push her to them.

Ella started crying harder. My Zio turned furious. "What the hell Rico," he yelled.

Ella held up her wrist and it showed my finger prints around it. I didn't mean to hurt her, but if she wouldn't have resisted so hard there wouldn't be a mark.

She sobbed in her mother's arms. "I didn't even do anything. He just grabbed me."

"Keep your daughter away from me or she'll be in the Los Angeles River by morning," I grit out.

"Are you threatening me?" My Zio asks.

"Take it how you want. If that bitch disrespects Valentina one more time she won't be breathing anymore. I can tell you that."

"I didn't even do anything," Ella sobbed.

"Oh shut up with that ugly fucking crying. It's annoying and you're a liar. You're twenty-six. Stop acting like a damn baby and start acting like an adult." I tell her.

She starts to cry harder.

I go outside to the front where my guards were stationed. "Hey," I call out.

They stand at attention, "Boss." They collectively say.

"Four of you go get that crying girl on the floor and take her to a hotel or some shit. I don't really give a fuck." I tell them.