56. Valentina

"Honeybun

"Honeybun..."

I step back in disbelief. My hands ball into fists. I shake my head, "You don't get to call me that."

I can't believe all of this time they were alive. My mother and father stood before me, dressed in all black and rifles strapped to their chests.

My father steps forward. "Valentina I know-"

I shake my head again. "Do you know how much Troy and I cried and grieved over you two?" I ask and take another step back.

"I was twenty-two. Taking care of Troy, two businesses, a mafia, not to mention a new born baby," I list off. "All of that was sprung upon me with no warning," I say and wipe my tears.

I scoff, "You could've at least gave me a damn warning!"

I start to pace. "Did you know two weeks after you two faked your deaths Troy tried to overdose on Xanax?" I question. "Then when that didn't work, he took one of the guns Dad hid in the house and tried to put a bullet in his head."

I stop pacing and look at them. "Imagine that," I tell them. "Imagine coming from a long ass meeting, running off of two hours of sleep for the last three days, and finding your brother with a gun against his head," I couldn't control my emotions, no matter hard I tried.

I wipe my face and sniffle. "I had to wrestle the damn gun out his hand. Good thing I did martial arts in high school right?" I ask with a humorless laugh.

I start to pace again. I tug at the roots of my hair. "Oh my god," I groan and run a hand down my face.

"You two are the most selfish fucking people in the planet! You two die off and then leave me to deal with this fucking monstrosity. And then you send me on scavenger hunts and shit for what? It doesn't make any sense!" I yell at them.

My father opens his mouth, "Don't you dare say it wasn't you. I know it was," I seethe at him.

"You two knew one of my greatest fears were losing my family because you guys know how me getting taken from that car crash fucked me up in the head. And you two just fucking traumatize not only me, but Troy by faking your death in front of us."

I sigh and start to pace again. "Ivy doesn't even know who you two are. She calls me Mama for christ sake!" I yell at my mom.

"She thinks i'm her mother! I don't-" I cut my rant off with a sigh. I throw my hands up, "I don't even know why i'm telling you two this." I wipe my face again. "You'll probably just find another way to traumatize me."

"You two obviously don't care-"

"Val leaving you three was the best decision. It was to keep you safe-"

"Safe?" I question with a chuckle and turn around.

I feel like i'm losing my damn mind.

My mother speaks up, "It was too dangerous to stay here with you three. So we took off."