36. Valentina

"Watch this," I whisper to Rico

"Watch this," I whisper to Rico. I bump into a rich looking person. "I'm so sorry!" I say in a very American accent.

He glared at me, "Watch where you're going gringo."

He bumped shoulders with me and I purposely stumble back. "Sorry!" I say again and wave at him.

I turn back around and wave the man's wallet in Rico's face. "And that's how you pickpocket."

"Your American accent was terrible."

"I'm not from America," I say with a shrug. "So sorry to the Americans for the terrible accent I guess."

"You aren't?" He asks.

I shake my head, "Spain. Madrid to be exact. All of Jamila's kids were born there. She told me because it was tradition."

"Are you a citizen of the United States?" He asks.

I nod my head, "I became a citizen at eight months old I think. Then I lived in L.A until I was five then got kidnapped and you know the rest."

I look in the wallet and see a lot of pesos. "I hit the fucking jackpot," I mumble with a smile.

"Let's find a shop so we can change and then get something to eat." I say and look around. "We'll have to wake up early tomorrow to get to my money. It's about ten hours away."

"Is there a hotel around here?" Rico asks.

I shake my head, "We're not going to a hotel. I have a friend who owns a part of the beach. He has a beautiful beach house. We're going there."

"He?" He questioned.

I roll my eyes, "Yes. And to answer your question, no I didn't sleep with him. He has a fiancé and he's gay."

We enter a great tourist spot. I look around, "You familiar with the Cali cartel?" I ask him and pick up a bikini.

(A/N: If you haven't watch Narcos, got watch it now. Pedro Pascal and Boyd Holbrook are so fine in it. Not to mention Pedro's sex scenes 🤭.)

"Yes." He answered.

I pick up a pair of shorts and hand them to him. He puts them down and grabs the right size. "They call him the new Pacho. You get it? Be-"

"Because he's with the cartel, he's gay, and has money. Yes I get it Valentina."

"Well excuse me," I mumble and pick up a cute little cross over bag.

"Pick out some more things. We need to look like we live here. We stick out like a sore thumb," I tell him and grab a few more items.

After we pay for everything I go up to a worker, "El baño?" I ask. (Bathroom?)

She points to the back and goes back to sweeping. I grab Rico's hand and we both go into the family bathroom.

I strip out of my clothes and start by washing the blood off my body. Then I try my best to wash the blood out my hair, then grab the conditioner I bought and rake it through.