4. Valentina/ Fredrico

I was feeding Ivy her favorite baby food, Apple, Strawberry-Banana, when I heard a knock at the door

I turn down the music and I hear another knock. "That must be Blair with the pizza, maybe she forgot her keys," I mumble and wipe off Ivy's face. I pick her up and place her on my hip.

I open the door, "you forgot your-" I stop mid sentence when I stare at Aaya and her family standing at my door.

"Val, we have to tell you something, very, very important," Aaya said.

"How did you get my address," I ask.

Ivy giggles and tugs on my hair, "mama!"

Their attention goes to Ivy. I switch her to my other hip so I can hide her behind the door. "How did you get my address?" I ask more forcefully.

"We did some digging. Now can we come in so we can-"

"No." I tell Carlos. "Just because I met you a couple of times does not mean I will let you into my house. Are you insane?"

"We're your family!" Amir blurts out.

"Well, biologically," he adds with a nervous laugh.

My mind goes blank for a second. My lips part in shock. Ivy brings me to the present by yanking my hair.

I clear my throat, "do you have proof?" I ask.

Alfonso held up a big orange envelope. I look at them for a long moment before I open the door wider. I step aside and they silently come in. Jamila turns to me with tears in her eyes.

I clear my throat and shut the door.

"You'll have to excuse the mess. Ivy has her toys out in the living room," I tell them.

"Would you like something to drink? I have tea, water, soda, coffee, snacks?" I offer.

"Do you have apple juice?" Amir asked.

"Uh let me check," I say and disappear into the kitchen. I quickly send a text to Naveen, Blair, and Sabrina and get the apple juice and Ivy's food.

I come back and hand him the apple juice and sit down on the opposite couch with Ivy.

I let her try to feed herself with the spoon, "num num!" She gurgled and patted her chest for more.
I take the spoon, wipe her cheeks, and feed her again.

I clear my throat, "I wish you would've at least called me in advanced Aaya. I would've wore better clothes," I say and gesture to my sport bra and pajama pants.

"Your abs are amazing," Amir mumbled. Aaya smacked the back of his head.

"Anyways uh so here's the envelope for proof," Aaya says and passes it down the line. I grab it and open up the envelope.