62. Valentina / Fredrico

VALENTINA'S POV

I shut and lock the door. "Rico?" I call out and go further into the house. I drop my purse and call out for him again.

I go upstairs and my brows furrow when I hear yelling from the gym. I cautiously walk down the hallway and into the gym.

Rico is in the ring with three unfamiliar men. I silently watch from the door until they finish.

Rico looks over and takes out his mouth guard. They all follow him and look at me.

One is an old man, the other two look like they're in their mid to late thirties.

Rico gets out the ring and meets me halfway. He kisses me and puts his hands on my hips. "Hey, what are you doing here so early?"

"I had a gynecologist appointment early this morning. It was close, so i'd thought I swing by. Leo is at my parents." I put my hands on his shoulders.

"What are you training for?" I ask out of curiosity.

He clears his throat and turns. They were all out the ring now and standing by. "This is my girlfriend Valentina."

The oldest man puts his hand out with a grin. "Pleasure to meet you Ms.Valentina. I'm Donny."

I give him a polite smile and shake his hand. "Valentina is fine. I should be calling you Mr.Donny, you're my elder."

"Elder?" He questions with a laugh. "Oh sweetheart, call me Donny or Don. It makes me feel less old."

I shake the next one's hand. "It's nice to meet you Valentina, i'm José."

I nod with a smile. "Nice to meet you José."

The last one bends down and kisses my knuckles. "Lovely to meet you Valentina. I'm Omar."

Rico takes my hand out of his. "Fuck off Mar."

Omar chuckles and salutes to him. "We'll see you later Rico." They bid their goodbyes and we see them out.

I look at Rico, "What are you training for?" I ask again. "And why do you seem so agitated?"

He wipes himself off with his towel.

"You didn't answer the phone this morning either," I list off. "What's up with you today?"

"I can't always answer your phone calls Val."

His tone takes me by surprise. "What's wrong Rico? Everything about you is off."

He sits down on the couch, "Nothing is wrong."

I sit down next to him, "Well then what is..." I make a hand gesture, "all of this?"

I turn my body fully to him. He wipes his face and keeps facing forward. He doesn't even look at me, not once since we left the gym.

"Are you okay?" I ask with concern.

"Yes Valentina," he says with a hint of anger. "Now can you stop fucking pressing me about it?"

"You're not okay! I know you Rico. You don't just snap at me like that." He sighs and wipes his face. "And why do you keep huffing and puffing? What? Am I bothering you? I just want to make sure you're-"

"I'm okay Valentina!" His sudden outburst startles me.

I stand up and grab my keys. I go to grab my purse, but he grabs my hand. "Val-" I jerk away from his hold, grab my purse, and leave without another word.

TIME SKIP

I walk in the door and go to the living room. "Hey Val," Liliana said with a smile. Both of my mothers, Aaya, Rory, and Simone sat in the living room with Leo and Ivy.