31. Valentina

(A/N: Starting now there will be smut in this book!)

I woke up to an empty bed. I had a slight headache from the drinks I had last night.

I stretch and get out of bed. I do my skincare and brush my teeth. I tie my hair up in a bun and change into workout clothes. I lace up my shoes and go downstairs.

I drink a cup of water and fill up my water bottle. I grab my headphones and make my way to the gym.

I was hoping that Fredrico got tired of me purposely kicking him in bed and went to go sleep in another bedroom. It was still early, so I thought he was still sleeping, but I thought wrong.

I walk in to see him punching the punching bag with his shirt off. I put down my bottle of water and put on my headphones.

He turns around and we make eye contact. I look away and sit down on the mat. He stood there silently while I stretch.

"What are you waiting for?" I ask.

"You're sitting on my phone."

As if on cue, his phone vibrates underneath my thigh. I grab his phone and give it to him. He put it in his pocket.

"Catch up on your beauty sleep Rapunzel?" He asks.

I nod, "looks like you need to get a lot more of beauty sleep."

He put his hand over his heart, "Ouch. It hasn't even been three minutes and you're already insulting me."

"Really?" I ask and tilt my head. "I was hoping it was sooner. I really have to work on it."

Before he can respond, I ask, "what's gotten you so angry? My punching bag looks like it's on its last straw."

"Your brothers and Alfonso are going to be at the event tonight. I'm just preparing."

I stand up, "how can he be going there when Jamila has a restraining order on them? And none of them are in the fashion industry. How the hell were they invited?"

"Apparently they donated a lot of money to them. The event is also to raise money for children so they have coats and everything they need for the winter. Alfonso is acting like he knows we won't be there," he explained.

I take off my headphones and toss them on the bench. "I can't go," I tell him.

He arched a brow, "why not?"

"Because if I see Carlos i'm going to fucking kill him," I tell him.

"Not only that, but Alfonso is trying to traumatize my mother. He's being a little fucking shit. He knows she's afraid of him and if he does a single fucking thing-"

"He won't." Fredrico cut me off. "There's too many people there."

"How do you know that?" I ask. "The man and his sons are fucking crazy! He nearly-"