65. Valentina / Fredrico

VALENTINA'S POV

These last four days have been absolute bliss. Spending time with the man I love and our son without any interruptions has made me the happiest i've been in a while.

The night we arrived home we both turned off our phones and we haven't touched them since.

My body is still recovering from falling through a ceiling and almost getting drowned, so we didn't go out for Valentine's Day.

Instead Rico cooked me different types of pasta and let me try them, then we laid on the couch watching movies for the rest of the night.

I laid in bed with Rico as we watched the sunrise. He caresses my naked body and hugs me close. He big spoons me and kisses my collarbone.

He drawls circles on my stomach. "What's bothering you?" He quietly asks.

"Would you forgive your parents if they did what my parents did?" I ask. "Hypothetically speaking."

"I can't answer that," he tells me.

I frown, "Why not?"

"I'm not you and I don't have the same relationship as you have with your parents. I grew up completely different and my parents aren't fifteen years older than me."

My frown deepens when I realize he's right.

"Maybe the problem is that you fear if you let them in again that they'll abandon you again. You don't want to go through that, so you hold onto that ball of anger. But you have to let it go and forgive. Your parents say they did it to protect you, but you don't think so. And that's fine; you're entitled to your own opinion. But instead of yelling, screaming, and talking at them, talk to them. Tell them how you feel and why you feel that way. It'll make a huge difference. Maybe you all can go to family therapy."

I look at him, "You're right," I mumble with a sigh. I put my hand over top of his and he hugs me tighter.

"I told them they weren't my parents anymore since they "died" and at least I have my real parents so I don't need them anymore."

He grimaced, "That was harsh."

"I didn't mean to be. I just say things to hurt people when they hurt me. It's a awful habit i'm trying to stop."

"A very awful one," he agreed. "I think you should apologize for that."

"I am," I tell him. "I'm going later in the morning today."

I grab the baby monitor and find Leo staring up at the ceiling, trying to eat his feet. "Leo is up," I say and sit up.

I get out of bed and put on my robe. I put on my slippers and go to his room. "Hi my love," I whisper with a smile.

He turns his head when he hears my voice. I pick him up and kiss his cheek. I take him over to the diaper station and change his diaper.

He stares at me with wide eyes, "Hello my baby," I coo and kiss his cheek.

"Let's go make you a bottle," I mumble.

I go downstairs and find Rico with two mugs and a bottle ready for Leo. I kiss him and pass Leo off to him, "Thanks Ri," I mumble and give him the bottle.

I take a sip of coffee and moan at the taste. "Did I make it right?" He asks.

I take another sip and nod, "You make it better than me," I say and give him another kiss.

I quickly finish my coffee and stand up. "I'm gonna go shower," I announce and kiss Leo's forehead, then kiss Rico's cheek.

I go upstairs and take my phone out and turn it on for the first time in four days. I ignore all of the notifications coming in and call Aaya.