Chapter 7: The Attitude

Song: All I Wanna Be

Artiste: Tate McRae

-

***_***_***_***

I was awestruck.

The sight before me was unbelievably beautiful. 

It took us about thirty minutes to drive here and I must say that it was worth it.

I was towering over an otherworldly view of a wide terrain littered with mountains that looked like naturally made green, triangular popsicles dipped in liquid chocolate. A shimmery stream was on display.

The sun gleamed happily over the stunning greenery lining the banks of the stream. Trees rising to tower at great heights were scattered across the landscape and flowers of different species and colours dotted the ground like it was the paint palette of a brilliant artist. 

A gasp leaves my throat just as a queue of grey, black and white birds tittered happily as they traveled through the crystal blue sky. 

A large smile invaded my lips at the smell and scenery of real nature as I basked in the beauty of the tranquil atmosphere.

"It's beautiful," I breathed out.

"I know," Dontae replied. 

I glanced in his direction to see him lying on the grass with his arms resting behind his head. His eyes were shut and he seemed like he didn't have a care in the world. I blushed a little and turned away after drooling at his abdomen that was slightly peeking from underneath his shirt.

I turned away before he could catch me staring.

I cleared my throat and took a seat a little distance from the edge of the cliff. I side as I relaxed against the surprisingly soft blades of grass.

"Isn't it strange that we often get so caught up in everything going on around us that we don't stop for a second and allow ourselves to really enjoy what nature has to offer."

Honestly, neither could I stop my thoughts from tumbling out of my mouth in audible words nor did I expect Dontae to actually pay attention to what I was saying.

Dontae hummed from his relaxed position on the grassy ground. 

“It's kind of unfortunate really,” he said and I hugged my knees and switching my full attention to him. He now had an arm under his head and one arm was dropped lazily over his eyes. 

He continued. 

“Nature has given us a lot but we're so used to having everything readily available on supermarket shelves that we forget to give credit to the original source of it all… the earth.”

I couldn't help the smile that stretched across my face.

For someone who is a playboy he sure as hell knows more than he lets people perceive. Which I find fascinating.

"Am I dreaming or are you actually opening up to me?" I said half jokingly. 

He let out that sweet laughter of his, still keeping his eyes closed.

"I think you're forgetting that I'm human, Nessie. I am perfectly capable of experiencing feelings and emotions.” He lifted his arm to open one eye. 

Glancing at me briefly, he said, "and here I was thinking you were way smarter than me. I guess I was wrong in my assumptions." Then he closed his eyes and put his arm over his eyes once more.

I scoffed and rose to my feet with a sudden leap. I don't know why but I felt offended.

“I am smart but I also know that we didn't come here to lounge around all day under the sun like we're on a beachside."