Chapter 1: The Truth Hurts

Song: Another Place

Artistes: Bastille ft. Alessia Cara

Ps. I post songs that I think relates to the story in some way.

Enjoy!!

-

***_***_***_***

It is said that high school is the best part of your life. When you're little, your parents tell you all about their high school experiences. They act like it's all a perfect experience filled with nothing but rainbows and sunshine. When in reality it can be described as...

Well, you know what? Never mind. Let's just say that it's definitely not perfect. And it's definitely not the nicest walk in the park.

My experience with high school would probably make anyone turn and run for the hills. I perceive school to be a place where people are the cruelest when it comes on to judging.

People judge you based on what you wear, which crowd you roll with and how many people you know. If I'm being honest, it can feel like you're the insect stuck under a scientist's microscope being poked and prodded everytime there is a needle nearby.

The scrutiny that high schoolers place everyone under causes a huge division. Thus the social hierarchy of popular kids and the unpopular kids was born.

It's truly annoying.

But maybe I'm just hating since no one evee dares to look my way unless they want someone to do their algebra homework or if they want someone to tutor them for a huge exam.

How exhausting.

Good looks and having financial stability also plays a huge role in how high you can be on the popularity scale. Cliche? Yeah, I know.

Bear with me now.

I'm sure you've probably heard of the stereotypes in many stories a gazillion times where there are the geeks, the jocks, the goth kids, the sports players like the footballers, basketball players, tennis players, cheerleaders, and finally, the delinquents.

And while it can be annoying to hear, there is some truth to the stereotypical talks of high school. Yes, there are people at my school that fall into each category previously listed.

And no, there isn't a specific table in the cafeteria for a special group of people to sit. We sit at any table with people we have similarities with. That is if you have friends.

Also, no. There isn't a table in the cafeteria sitting beside a huge garbage bin where 'the losers'-as you might call them-eat cause that's just ridiculously gross.

Oh, right. I haven't mentioned my name. My bad.

I'm Vannessa Valeria Walters and this is the story about my life as a teenager. I don't know if I fit the mode for 'the average teenager' but I guess we'll find out eventually.

I think if we're going to go off the hierarchy scale, we should establish right off the bat where I fall on the popularity spectrum.

A geek. A loser. A nerd if you will.

Whatever you want to call it. That's me.

But then again, maybe a loner would better suffice since geeks are more social than I am. I barely talk to anyone at school unless I have to.

And since I skipped a grade in middle school, because apparently I was too smart for the teacher to handle, I am younger than my fellow senior group at Mckinky High School.

Yes, I'm sixteen years old and I'm a senior in high school.

I live in a house which I would describe as a mansion that my dad and I call our home. There are six bathrooms, seven bedrooms-apart from my dad's master bedroom and personal bathroom- a pristine dining room, a large fancy kitchen, a washing room, a game room, a spa room, a lonely basement, an attic, a living room-which I find ironic because we're hardly ever living in it unless we have guests. There is also a back patio and a front porch.