Chapter 17: New Friends?

Song: A- OK

Artiste: Tai Verdes

Dontae's friends are in the picture above

-

***_***_***_***

It was Sunday morning and I was already dressed in a flowy floral dress with my hair up in a ponytail. All I had to do was eat and then leave to meet Quincy.

He offered to pick me up but I don't know him that well yet so I opted to meet him at the nearest park.

The date I had last night flashed in my mind. A smile caresses my lips and my heart galloped at the thought of Sean.

"Bready, get me some more whip cream please."

My thoughts halt and an ear-piercing scream emanates from my body.

A handsome brunette man sat around the dining table. He was dressed in an ocean blue suit with shiny, slicked back hair, a white shirt and brown shoes.

My feet move on their own and soon my arms are flung around my dad's neck as I hug him in delight.

"What are you doing here?" I exclaimed.

He rubbed my back gently and a chuckle reverberated throughout his body.

"I live here Honey, in case that's not obvious."

I pulled away from him and slapped his shoulder.

He feigned hurt with an exaggerated gasp.

"You know what I mean!"

This man is going to be the death of me.

Anger suddenly clouds my mind and I back away from him with a scowl. My arms fold as I send a pointed look his way.

"You told me you weren't coming back home for the next five months. It's only been two months since you've been gone so why didn't you tell me you were coming home this early?"

"Plans change Van." Dad ruffled my hair and I tried smacking his hand aggressively but missed the target miserably.

He smoothed out his tie and sat down. Laughing at my misfortune, he grabs his fork to continue his breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes with whipped cream and French toast. The handle of his fancy white mug was wrapped around his fingers. Coffee peaked from the inside of the glass cup.

The scowl didn't leave my mouth as I watched him.

Is he hiding something from me? He never comes back from a business trip this early.

I recalled a memory from when I was ten.

Dad had left for a business trip. He received an email from my school stating that they were hosting a 'Father's Day' event. He strictly informed my mom that he couldn't attend and my mom had to take his place that day. He didn't return home until a week later.