Chapter 6: The First Step

Song: What A Feeling 

Band: One Direction 

-

***_***_***_***

The rays of the sun was the first greeting I had. Then came the annoyingly loud banging on the door. With my eyes tightly shut, I mentally rolled my eyes.

After the eventful night that I had last night, all I wanted was to wrap up in the comfort of my white striped forest green duvet and close my eyes for the next decade. 

The banging stopped and I sent up silent prayers of gratitude.

Snuggling deeper into my bed, I hauled the warm material over my head. But that celebration of a moment of well needed silence was overturned as another round of banging resurfaced and I groaned audibly. 

Whoever that is will just have to wait until I'm ready to leave the comfort of my chaise.

Deciding to ignore it, I turned on my side, burying my body deeper underneath the wonderful heep of thick warmth. 

"Nessie! Get up. We have things to do and I don't have time to waste!" 

Oh crap!

My eyes instantly shot open.

What is he doing here? We don't even talk to each othe—

Oh...

Memories of yesterday came rushing back to me. 

The party, the makeover, talking to Dontae... the deal which I made without a second thought. 

I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand.

10:39 a.m.

Shit!

We had agreed to meet at nine yesterday while saying our goodbyes. While our parents were making last minute chirpy talks about the deal which they were successful in making with the tall beer belly hotel owner. Dontae had discreetly whispered 'we'll meet at nine tomorrow at my house' in my ears.

I flew out of the bed and the next thing I could feel was a cold sensation. The dull thud was loud as my body made contact with the tiled floor.

I cursed incoherently under my breath but then regretted it instantly as the floor had no mercy on me. It slapped the foul scent of my breath right back into my face. It smelled like I had stuffed my face in a pig's pen, ate fifty pegs of garlic then washed it down with sewage water. 

I grimaced.

That's what I get for not brushing my teeth last night because I was too lazy.

Scrambling to my feet, I shouted. "I-I'm awake!" 

Then I paused, trying to rub the remains of sleep from my crusty eyes.

I imagined him shaking his head in annoyance or disapproval. 

“Right! Says the grogginess in your throat."

I felt like a deer caught in headlights. I coughed to clear my throat, "um no! I had a flu." 

I was about to open the door but then I remembered the stench of my breath so I changed my mind.

"Nessie, you're still a bad liar. You were quite fine last night."

My cheeks colour pink in embarrassment.

"Uh,” I ran a hand through my huge mass of curls with a hand propped on my hip. “Could you wait for me downstairs please? I’ll meet you there in ten minutes?"