Chapter 10: The Thoughts Of You

Song: Forget About You

Band: R5

-

***_***_***_***

I walked over to Dontae's house later on that evening. Outside was chilly and I really regretted wearing the black sleeveless blouse and jeans shorts that I currently had on.

I contemplated turning back for a jacket or coat but then I just couldn't be bothered to turn back so I just continued my journey. Plus, I was close to his porch.

You'd think that because my house and Dontae's house are right beside each other, it would be easy to just walk over to each other's houses but no.

It's not that easy.

It takes a good amount of time by foot depending on how fast or how slow you're walking.

So by the time I reached his house I just wanted to sit down for a two weeks without doing anything at all.

But then again, I could be lazy because I'm almost always in the house, unless I have to go somewhere.

As I was about to knock on the large white door, I stopped.

I should turn back.

But I did use my energy to walk all the way here...

Maybe I shouldn't bother him. I mean who knows if he's even home.

I don't know why I was so reluctant to see Dontae.

Maybe I was dreading seeing him because of what had happened last night.

I wasn't ready to face him.

Not yet at least.

I had my fingers folded into a fist. An inch away from knocking on the door.

But just as I was debating once more if I should turn around and go home or if I should simply knock on his door, the door swung open to reveal the one and only, Dontae.

Now my hand was awkwardly hovering in the air as he stood before me.

It was an embarrassing situation really.

I put my hand down and glanced away sheepishly. 

"Never thought I'd see you so soon."

Jeez. Hi to you too.

But instead of saying what I was thinking initially, I said, "Neither did I."

There was a few seconds of silence.

One second.

Two seconds.

Three seconds.

Then he sighed heavily. Almost sounding...bothered?

"I was about to go running but since you're here I guess I'm gonna have to take a rain check on that."

Now that he mentioned it I did notice that he was dressed in clothes suited for that occasion.

He stepped back into his house. He left the door opened for me and surprised me by saying, "enter your royal highnes—"

I can only imagine that he would ever do something as nice as treating me like a princess and saying sweet somethings to me because he just pushed the door. Hard. Almost slamming it shut in my face.

I guess not realizing that I hadn't immediately followed behind him when he turned around.

What a gentleman.