Chapter 5: The Agreement

A/N: Hey gorgeous readers! This chapter is definitely the gateway to all the drama and chaos so I hope you'll enjoy.

Song: Just Be Mine

Artiste: Cher Lloyd

-

***_***_***_***

I stood in a corner and studied my surroundings. From where I stood, I could see the expanse of most of the incredibly wide banquet hall.

People of high stature gossiped over gingerly held refreshments and glasses of wine, fruit punch or the various options of sizzling flutes of champagne available.

Waiters bustled about, carrying trays of appetizers and glasses half filled with wine and champagne back and forth.

I spotted my dad and Dontae's parents huddled together entertaining a conversation with a tall beer belly man with light creases around his eyes and glistening auburn hair that was slowly transforming into grey.

I faintly remember him introducing himself as the host of this event as well as the owner of the very hotel we were in.

I have a strong feeling that he's the one my dad and Dontae's parents are trying to strike a deal with. Hence why my dad was so fussy about getting that file to Dontae's parents quickly before we got here.

Something piqued my interest from the corner of my eye and couldn't help turning my head to fully assess the image before me.

Dontae was engaged in a conversation with a girl who had shiny brunette hair. A few sections were dyed a shocking neon pink and her hips were adoringly wide. Her bronze skin glistened under the luminescent diamond chandeliers shimmering from the ceiling. Long legs extended from a daring slip built into her pale yellow cocktail dress which came to a stop just at the top of her ankle.

She was nothing short of stunning and it was sad to say that I was intimidated from where I stood. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow morning, her face was plastered on the front cover of every magazine across the country.

I rolled my eyes when she threw her head back with crinkled eyes, then placed a flirtatious hand on Dontae's muscular arm.

Dontae showed no interest in removing her intruding hand and I shook my head at him even though he was too busy to even notice me.

Typical Dontae.

I wanted to scoff.

He's still the same playboy he was years ago. Entertaining a hoard of girls both old and young who are always ready to throw themselves at him with just the snap of a finger.

It was honestly appalling.

Suddenly the atmosphere felt too cloggy for my throat and lungs.

I have to get out of here before I suffocate from all this place of endless social interaction.

Just as I was thinking of escaping, a door leading to what seemed like a lonely, inviting balcony begged for my attention. And I obliged to its call.

Eagerly slipping through a few couples who were performing another round of old time dances to the awfully tedious tunes that were echoing around the banquet hall, I slid the light glass door open upon reaching the entrance door and closed it behind me once I was safely locked outside. Away from the crowd.

I sighed in relief when I was finally in my own company.

I took note of the dark sky and the few balls of bright yellow gases that were beginning to greet the earth with their gorgeous glow from high above the ground.