Chapter 15: The Thoughts I Face

Song: Make A Switch

Artiste: Joel

Also, the picture above is Quincy Fouse 😁

-

***_***_***_***

Dontae returned from the bathroom a few minutes later.

I replied to my dad's text, not glancing up once.

I just knew that Dontae was still wearing a towel. And after what just happened not too long ago, I didn't want to look at him.

There is a squeak of a door and some shuffling sounds that make me glance upwards.

Dontae had disappeared into his closet.

I heaved a heavy sigh when he was out of sight.

My shoulders drop like they were hung on a clothes rack.

I didn't even realize how tense I was until now.

Ok Vannessa.

Forget everything that just happened and just tell him.

I breathed in and out.

You've got this.

I placed my phone on the sofa. Rubbing my palms on my knees, I tried to get rid of sweat that was invading my skin.

A few minutes pass and Dontae finally emerges from the walk-in closet. Fully dressed in a soldier printed shorts and a black shirt.

I released a relieved sigh.

Finally he has on clothes!

Dontae sat on the bed and put on a pair of white shoes. I watched him from the corner of my eyes.

I tried to form words but nothing audible left my mouth.

He grabbed his phone and stood up.

Yes, this is my chance to talk to him.

He is focused on his phone, swiping up and down on the screen with his index finger. He didn't look at me once this whole time. His attention was kept on the phone.

An awkward silence lingered in the atmosphere.

He walked to his dresser and grabbed what I think is his earpods. He then walked towards the door.

"I'm going for a jog," he said.

What?!

"Now?!" I exclaimed, my eyes tore away from my phone and I turned my full attention to him.

"But what about th-"

"I'll be back in thirty minutes."

And he left before I could voice my thoughts. Closing the door behind him.