Chapter 34: The Sleepover

Song: What The Hell

Artiste: Avril Lavigne

-

***_***_***_***

Bruce led the way to my room and upon reaching the deep brown wooden door, I gently twisted the fancy gold knob and pushed it open.

I heard audible gasps from both Allison and Mary and when I stepped inside my room and allowed them entry, I saw them wearing shocked looks on their faces.

I wonder why they're so shocked. I'm sure my house isn't that interesting. They're probably just overreacting.

Bruce was the first to pass the threshold and he stepped with purpose towards my study desk. He set the bags down softly. The girls slowly followed suit after, glancing around with their jaws hanging open.

"Bready get down here!"

I sighed heavily and Mary and Allison exchanged confused glances before looking back at me.

"Excuse me ladies," said a panicked Bruce. He glanced at the clock hung on my room's wall before turning to me.

"Is there anything else you need Miss Walters?"

I knew that my dad was probably still in an angry mood because of what happened earlier and I didn't want him to take out his anger on Bruce so I just nodded my head from left to right in answer.

"No thanks Bruce. We'll manage. You should go before 'Mr. Big Bad Wolf huffs and puffs and blows the whole house down." I roll my eyes in annoyance.

Bruce bobbed his head up and down furiously before dashing through the open door yelling 'on my way sir'. He gently shut the door behind him.

I turned to look at the girls.

A crease formed in-between Mary's eyebrows. She leaned against my bed and Allison plopped down on the small sofa that my dad recently put in my room. She rubbed her hands up and down the smooth material and sighed heavily as she leaned back.

"I think I'm in heaven."

"Who was that man that was shouting just now?" Mary asked curiously.

I was about to answer when Allison beat me to it.

"I don't know," Allison glanced at Mary and continued. "But he reminds me of my fifth grade gym teacher who used to make us run killer laps around the field every class whether it's rainy or sunny."

She releases a guttural sound which sounded like it resonated from deep within her belly.

"God, I absolutely couldn't stand that woman."

I laughed easily at the way she was grimacing.

"That's my dad."

Allison's eyes widened and she sat up quickly. Straightening her back.

"Oh shit! Sorry. I mean, he doesn't remind me of anybody. I think I was just confusing him with someone else."

She looked at me apologetically and I shook my head at her with a remnant of a smile from my laughter.

"It's fine." I said with a bright smile. "If it makes you feel any better, I also think he's a huge pain to deal with sometimes."

Allison bit down on her bottom lip and seemed to be calming down.

"I should really learn to keep my big mouth shut sometimes."

Mary scoffed and applauded loudly.

"That's the first sensible thing you've said all day Allison! Vannessa!" Mary's head snapped in my direction and she smiled in triumph. "You're a miracle worker."