Chapter 19: The Beautiful Mistake

Song: Beautiful

Artistes: Mariah Carey ft. Miguel

Enjoy!

-

***_***_***_***

I paced the ground to and fro, wearing down the grass under my feet.

My fingers tangled and untangled together furiously as I tried to pick my thoughts apart. Trying to keep them unsounded and composed.

I remembered the taste of Dontae's lips on mine. His taste was minty with a hint of sweetness. Like he was eating something sweet beforehand.

I pressed my tender fingers to my lips in a daze.

Oh no.

What have I done?

I kissed Dontae.

I kissed my childhood best friend.

What have I done?

Should I tell Sean?

No. No, I can't do that.

He will probably break up with me.

We haven't given an exclusive name to our relationship as yet but that didn't mean I should go around kissing other guys.

Especially guys who are supposed to be strictly friends.

Oh God, am I cheating on him?

I groaned irritably.

But his touch was out of this world.

My body tingled and the memory of his lips on mine resurfaced.

He was gentle.

Yet assertive.

Sweet.

Oh so delectably sweet.

His scent was driving me insane and all I wanted was to keep kissing him.

He was truly captivating.

He awoke feelings and sensations I never thought that I could feel. Not even in a million years.

But he wasn't for me.

He was a playboy afterall.

I groaned again.

I wished these feelings rushing through me could be easily explained and calculated like 'The Pythagoras Theorem' or 'The Periodic Table'.

This is so frustrating.

The night attracted goosebumps to my skin. Pulling a sigh from my mouth. A harsh breeze licked and nipped at my skin teasingly. I shivered, rubbing my arms up and down.

I silently cursed myself for not bringing my jacket with me on the way here.

But then I would have had to face my dad.

I wasn't ready for that yet.

I don't think I'll ever be ready for that

This morning I had gone through the turmoil of avoiding my dad and now I was having yet another mishap by kissing Dontae.

Oh what more could go wrong today?

The thin, mid thigh sundress with thread like straps that adorned my body was doing the bear minimum. It was safe to say that the cold weather was silently gnawing away at my skin in great mirth. But I refused to depart with the scene before me just to cuddle in the warmth of my car.