Chapter 25: The Aftermath

Song: Runnin'

Artistes: Naughty Boy ft. Beyoncé and Arrow Benjamin

Enjoy!

-

***_***_***_***

My boots clicked loudly against the tiled floor.

My face was flushed from the adventurous night I just had. I'm sure the adrenaline rushing through my bones like my body was just refreshed by a tall glass of water after being held captive in a deserted area for a whole day without any form of liquid was the cause of my lightly tinted cheeks.

That, and the euphoric experience of seeing celebrities perform live.

I saw Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber—my sweetheart and second childhood crush—Usher and a few more big, experienced artistes.

I hadn't realized that the concert would have been that thrilling and I mentally applauded myself for agreeing to go. Even if it was just supposed to be a huge distraction from my pathetic life.

I had pulled Allison aside when we followed Mary to the bathroom and asked her if she had a crush on Quincy. Because of the chaos that had been circling in my mind and on the impressive stage, I had forgotten to question her feelings towards him.

But she had been determined not to answer me as she found every opportunity to dodge the questions I was asking her.

She had complained about the napkins being too thin and that the liquid hand soap was apparently too tangy in smell. I had to muster all the strength in my slim body as I grabbed her by the shoulders and twisted her body forcibly to face my direction.

Her face had mirrored my shock as I nearly shook her senseless.

The poor girl had looked at me like she was a deer caught in headlights. Then she had blinked slowly at me. It seemed like her brain had fallen out when I was shaking her violently.

Even though I knew I was being extra and probably my spur of the moment behavior was uncalled for. But I couldn't help it. I needed to know. Maybe I could help someone start their love story and forget about my pathetic love life for some time.

Eventually, Allison relented and told me that there was nothing going on between them. She had smiled and told me that nothing would ever happen between them. But I could still see something hiding behind her gorgeous green eyes.

I could sense that there was more to the story.

But before I could have interrogated her any further, Mary had left the solidarity of the bathroom stall at that moment. And sensing the stiffness of her body and reluctance to supply more information I had sent her a reassuring smile and stepped away from her. Giving her space.

Slowly, I shut the front door and smiled happily to myself.

I did it.

I successfully sneaked out of the house. And I didn't get caught.

Dad was out of town and Wilma was with her family today. Bruce went home and he wouldn't be back here until like five or five thirty in the morning and the servants went home so it was just me in this gigantic house.

And for the first time as the familiar scent of sweet lavender wafted into my nostrils and overpowered my senses, I was happy that I was alone.

Which meant I didn't need to climb up that uncomfortable tree and dangle from its broughs like I was an over ecstatic busy body monkey this beautiful night. Tonight I could also walk freely to my room without a worry in the world.