Chapter 32: The Indecisive Heart

Song: Roses

Artistes: Chainsmokers ft. Rozes

-

***_***_***_***

I peeled my eyes open and squinted from the sunlight invading my room.

It was like someone had cranked a blow-dryer at high speed and was holding it over my eyelids. Consequently leaving me with dry, crusty feeling eyes.

I stretched my arms over my head.

There was a slight pounding in the back of my head, and I considered skipping school for today. But then I remembered that I was still grounded.

I can't wait until the last few days of my punishment is over.

I still feel like my reaction on that night was rectified.

I have been doing some thinking and I came to the conclusion that maybe I was partly wrong.

But I also had a reason to get upset with my dad for what he said to me.

I sighed and scooched to the edge of the bed. Immediately, a sharp pain penetrated my head and regret washed over me as I remembered how I had carelessly chugged down the ethanol based liquid last night like it was water.

I sighed.

How am I going to get through the school day today?

After taking a quick shower, I got dressed in a pair of denim jeans, a flowy blouse with a mixture of different shades of blue, black sneakers and a light touch of lipgloss, mascara and dark blue eyeshadow.

I had eaten breakfast with my dad. Which was silent except for the 'good morning' and 'goodbye' we exchanged. I think he mentioned something about making breakfast with Bruce, our chef-who had served us pancakes and bacon along with tall, cold glasses of orange juice after mumbling a meek 'good morning' to me.

But that was all the conversation we had.

Glancing at the clock hung on my wall, I saw that it was 7:05 a.m.

I pulled my curtains open and peeked at Dontae's window. It was shut, but his curtains were slightly open. There was no sign of him though.

I guess he already left for school.

He had dropped me home last night at his house and I walked over to mine to avoid getting caught. I had to sneak into my room with the help of my new best friend who lived right beside my window. My dad's car was parked outside and I saw that the light in his room was on.

Luckily, I managed to escape into my room unharmed and uncaught.

Sighing, I headed to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. My mood turning sour from the blooming headache.

I was still kind of angry at Dontae for what he did last night but I was just hoping that there wouldn't be any drama today.

Please let today just be a regular boring school day.

"Hey Wilma," I greeted as she came through the front door.

I gave her a brief hug and a quick peck on the cheek.

She laughed in surprise, hugging me back with excitement that I wish I had for school today.

"Have fun at school darling!"

She waved me off and I sent her a light smile as I head to the limousine parked before the mermaid fountain in my front yard.

My dad's driver greeted me with a bright smile on his wrinkling face as he opened the limo door for me.