Chapter 21: The Master Plan

Song: Good Girls Go Bad

Artistes: Cobra starship ft Leighton Meester

-

***_***_***_***

An irritated huff leaves my lips as I struggle to push my other foot outside the window. The wind was cool against my bare legs and the shorts I wore did nothing to defend my knees which scraped against the hard material of the windowsill.

It was times like these where I wished I was more athletic. Yes, I was trying to exercise more frequently as Dontae keeps instructing me whenever we talk about this whole 'Sean operation' thing.

But honestly speaking, exercise is not the easiest thing to do on a regular basis and I get exhausted just thinking about it. I'd rather do twenty chemistry exams than do pain inducing push-ups, terrifying cartwheels and body numbing bench presses.

I flung my dark mass of curly locks over one shoulder and proceeded to angle my body awkwardly in an attempt to climb down the tree standing next to my window.

"What are you doing?"

I screamed and almost lost my footing as Dontae's voice caught my ears.

I grabbed the windowsill for dear life-one foot clinging to the inside of the window-and glared daggers at Dontae.

This was such a bad plan.

For someone with big brains, I sure am acting like a damn dummy.

A blush was on my neck now and I tried desperately not to appear embarrassed when really, I was dying on the inside.

Why did he have to come here now?

And where's his shirt?!

I was full on blushing now and I fought to get words out of my mouth.

"W-what does it look like I'm doing?" I countered back, panting harshly and trying to seem calm.

My muscles were screeching in my ears for me to retreat into the safety of my bedroom and go to sleep... or finish my homework. But neither felt as adventurous as trying to leave the confinement of my house.

"It looks like you're struggling," Dontae chuckled, mirth clouding his facial features.

Asswipe.

"Don't you have something better to do?"

My eyes rolled on there own accord and with flimsy arms, I clumsily hoisted my body upwards. My muscles strained excruciatingly at the unfamiliar exercise and I groaned in pure annoyance.

"Yeah. I do have much better things to do. But watching you struggle to hold onto a window like a bag of bricks hanging onto a thin piece of string for dear life is more entertaining than sitting inside doing boring AP Calculus practice tests."

I huffed in annoyance and I could tell that Dontae was purposely ridiculing me since there was a handsome smirk smacked on his face.

Damn you and your good looks!

I was placing my foot on a nearby branch when my feet decided that it had had enough of my crazy antics.

I screamed as I was violently flung forwards. My side hit the wall and a sharp stab of pain burst through my body. I bit my bottom lip to keep a string of curse words at bay. Grabbing onto the windowsill to prevent my body from falling from the two story height.

The squeaking of my white sneakers rang out as I rubbed my feet along the wall, trying to pull my body upwards.

Making the mistake of looking down, I shrieked in sheer terror and looked back up swiftly. To make matters worse, my dainty fingers were slipping. Slowly and dangerously.