Chapter 30: The First Downfall

Song: Prayer in C (Robin Schulz Remix)

Artistes: Lilly Wood & The Prick and Robin Schulz

-

***_***_***_***

I felt queasy.

But not because of a bad meal or a spoilt drink.

No.

My stomach was knitted in tangles of anxiousness.

The leather straps of the slim fitted navy dress were tiny and the dress gripped every curve on my body, ending a few inches above my knees.

My hair was let down-like it always seemed to be styled nowadays-covering my exposed back and the not-so-subtle sweetheart neckline.

I tried to keep my breathing under control as Dontae's fingers snaked around my waist affectionately and I almost believed that we were a real couple from the way he was embracing me.

His fingers rubbed my sides in rhythmic circles and I almost hummed in content.

My stomach was doing weird backflips, similar to whenever I'm with Sean. Which was weird.

I gulped as he pulled me closer and rocked our bodies side to side to the soft music thumping away inside the house.

"You look lovely as always, Nessie."

His breath was hot against my ear and I shivered involuntarily.

Am I getting sick?

Or is it the mood of the party affecting my body language?

Maybe it's the strong gusts of winds paying us a visit every few minutes.

A wave of uncontrollable reminiscences hit me with full force as Dontae pinned me in place with those tantalizing brown eyes.

I gulped in the hopes of regaining some moisture inside my throat.

The feel of our lips dancing together in a perfect rhythm.

The way our bodies craved each other's heated touch.

The emotions that were swirling in the air. Our heartbeats thrumming together as one. The sheer intensity spinning in the atmosphere around us.

It all made my mind wander to forbidden Citadels which posed as my dark thoughts.

But I couldn't help thinking...

What if Dontae had told me he had feelings for me that night when we kissed in his car?

Would it have changed anything about Sean and I? Would it have changed anything that's happening now?

Would it have mattered at all?

I pursed my lips.

No.

I-I can't go there.

It can't go there ever again.

I gasped as Dontae took me completely off-guard by yanking my body closer to his until all the air between us was non-existent.

"Dontae!" I whisper-shouted as I glanced around frantically.

This wasn't part of the plan.

He chuckled.

"Tonight you're my date Nessie," he mumbled like he was hearing my thoughts. "So we have to make it look believable like we're really into each other."

His head swoops down and I panic as I prepare for his lips to make contact with my lips.

I shut my eyes out of a mixture of fear, shock and confusion.