Chapter 2

It had been another eleven years and tomorrow never came.

"Hey, come on, Emily. One coffee don't take that long." Aerie yelled across the kitchen, "there's like a hundred customers waiting outside, and if you don't speed up, the we cant leave before eight. You don't want that, do you?"

"Yeah yeah. I do know." Emily yelled back, handing Aerie a tray of wrapped drinks, "six matcha, three cold and three hot. And i'm just a temporary worker, don't expect me to be so efficient, bestie."

"But I am too!" Aerie yelled back, "and I have barely been in this coffee shop for three months. You know, the owners, they are literally so lazy to hire any more people and so theres only the two of us here just to suffer. So please, if you want my last day to be a tiny little bit of better, just finish all the orders and we can go."

"Its your last day today?" Emily handed her two other cups of coffee as the two of then placed them inside paper bags, "Where are you going to?"

"I haven't told you?" Aerie asked, not bothering to look, "Going to university, for medicine school. The letter came two weeks ago and I took stuffed packed."

"You must be really lucky." Emily laughed, "Guess I will be rotting here alone starting from tomorrow."

"Nah." Aerie replied, "I'm sure you're gonna find a colleague better than me. And hopefully they will find them soon enough."

"Really? Those lazy bones? Doubt they would only be starting to do something when the complaints starts rolling in." Emily laughed, "The homesickness though. I couldn't stand something like that though."

"I don't have homesickness." Aerie replied. "It never bothered me in any way."

"Oh really?" Emily commented, "Then you must have grown up pretty quickly."

Aerie Kudrow did grow up quickly enough. Ever since the tomorrow, Aerie grew up. Brought to a prestige boarding school, she was only told everything had been paid for and she don't have to worry about anything. Aerie tried to ask, but she never got an answer. When she turned ten, she started searching in missing peoples, or maybe any way of contact. There were none.

"Won't you miss your parents? Friends?" Emily asked, "oh my, just imagine I can't go karaoke in Fridays. Absolutely gonna die."

Aerie tried to find Cade. Running away from schools in the middle of the night, searching for documents in the back of the library, Aerie could always find an answer for any questions that she raised, but she never found one for Cade. Disappeared, gone.

Therapists tried to convince her that he was dead. Crashed in a very serious car accident midnight three streets away from where she used to live in, and the older people tried to make her believe through reports of DNA taken from the scene.

But Aerie believed. She knew that he wont be dying so easily. And all more certainly, he wont be leaving at midnight for no reason.

"I don't have parents. Biological, froster." Aerie whispered, "And-"

She never had any friends. Aerie is different. They say. The only reason Aerie was staying in the boarding school properly was because she wouldn't have any where else to go. She would be sitting for the exam with kids two years older than her, yet still, she would be ranked the top among their whole grade. The stares dedicated towards her, the days when she was tripped and laughed on by everyone, Aerie wanted to drown herself in books.

"Aerie?" Emily asked, "Wake up."

"Oh— oh—" Aerie said, looking like as if she was waking up,"what did I just do?"