Chapter 12

Aerie pushed the cups hanging around the table, slowly counting the time that she had brought for Cade.

If you asked her now, of how breaking cups felt, Aerie would proudly answer you that it felt nice. After all, after pretending to be the good girl, a hardworking and smart student for so many years, she was never supposed in the cool group with the 'bad' people, and never she had a chance to be truly mischievous like a teenager.

The sounds of glass cups hitting the ground sounded like a melody to Aerie.

'Hey!' A man walked from the behind the counter, and yelled at her, 'get out or pay!'

Five minutes. Aerie thought. Should be around time.

Aerie dropped the last cup lying on hand, and smiled the widest smile she could ever put on her face to the manager. And within another second, she was running. Into the shop, and up the stairs.

The staff chased after her directly, of course. But Aerie knew. If you had to get rid of people chasing after you, someone of an age older than you a great deal, it would be either jumping from a high place or to get into a maze of back allies. They won't jump form the buildings easily; given the risked it posed.

But Aerie don't care. Its where the fun is, right?!

She ran up the stairs, not caring to look back to se how close they were. And when she turned, she found a window that was open right there. Perfect size for a human to squeeze through. Aerie thought.

She walked close to the window. And Cade was already there, down on the street.

So with another look back, making sure that the people who barely raced up the stairs could see her. "Bye, nerds." Aerie whispered, and jumped from the window.

Its only about half a story. Aerie thought.

Another second, she was already on the ground.

The people looked from the above, at the two of them who giggled and ran down the way with the fastest speed possible. The people were watching, the people were chasing.

But it didn't matter. They ran anyways. It was at least another five minutes of running before the things around of them seemed to have changed, and the people no longer stared at them for the fuss they caused back then just now. They blended well with the crowd again.

"You got it, have you?" Aerie asked, taking deep breaths.

"Of course." Cade replied confidently, "there was a moment when I was waiting for you to come I thought you had too much fun and didn't want to leave."

"But it was... really fun. I know its bad, causing mess for no reason, but hey—" Aerie said.

"You're doing extraordinary if this is your first time." Cade said, "Not getting caught is actually pretty difficult."

"What is it, by the way?" Aerie asked.

"What is what?" Cade asked, the both of them trailed off the street. It was much quiet now, the night seemed to be more dark and the crowd started to leave.

"The item." Aerie said, "what they took from you."

"You're asking for that, eh?" Cade replied, digging in his pocket and drew a pen, "Its what it seems, really. An ordinary pen."

"Oh." Aerie said, "really? I thought it was something special. Enchanted necklaces, silver rings, etc."

Cade laughed, "I don't fancy luxury goods like others do."

"You don't have any of those?" Aerie said, "Won't all people— I mean fantasy people like vampires and ancient royalties have some jewelry or stuff like that? Like matching emerald earrings, crowns, yeah?"