Chapter 38

The sun was warm. Aerie touched the ground before her. It felt real. She wasn't wearing that uniform anymore. Aerie was Aerie. Inside a high school campus.

The one that she recognized. The running- all of the running. It felt like as if it was a dream. Unreal, fanatical. For some reason, Aerie was on the ground. And so she stood up, and tried to maintain her balance.

She was a student. A high school student in her uniform, preparing to go to school. The banner was high above her, telling her to walk into the school. People were pushing her around, telling her that it wasn't early. That she should take her lessons immediately.

The running. Yes. Escaping from some sort of mysterious underground organization... hunting for some people? Aerie forgot. After all, it was being said that normal people could only remember what happened in their dreams within ten minutes after they were awake.

Aerie thought of what she should do at school for the day, now that she, as a 15 years old student, was at school. She's fifteen, right? She must admit- the dream was too real, she felt as if she was actually twenty then.

The school felt less real than it should. Something that wasn't there. The floor seemed to be made of foam, Aerie felt as if she was moving up and down on a roller coaster- or a VR setup going wrong. She wondered if all of these were fake, but why would it be? She pinched herself on the face gently. It was real- she could feel the pain.

Maybe she was only dizzy. It was just another normal day, she should have been reading through the night, trying to figure out- what was she even trying to even figure out in the first place?

It was a sunny day. Aerie had been living in dorm for a long time, and she was grateful that a part from the boring food that they usually provided, the bacon and eggs that were provided at dinner yesterday was absolutely the best. Though bacon and eggs should be breakfast, but Aerie did not have the right to complain.

Yesterday felt so far away, as if it was only a small part of a memory in her brain.

"Wake up." A small voice inside her head told her. Aerie wondered why- she's awake, isn't she? Shes living- a fifteen year old student, inside high school.

"Wake up- Aerie!" The voice inside the black of her mind screamed. It sounded worried. Occasionally through the yelling, she could fell the voice- a force, shaking her at her shoulders. If Aerie had not been balancing herself properly, then she would have fallen , down or adis, she had no idea, but she had to admit.

There were rumors about ghost implying a force on humans- for whatever proposes they wanted. Aerie could feel the ground glitch for a brief moment- one second it was concrete ground with tiles. In that split moment where she had caught sight of something, she was in somewhere of a cell- surrounded by ground of stone.

But ghosts aren't real. Aerie never believed in them. Even in fairy tales she read before, she would sigh and fall asleep when she read about parts with ghosts haunting people. And to add, it was the day. Ghosts, no matter how daunting they were, don't haunt in the day. No matter which book anyone might have picked up.

"Hey." Someone said in front of her, "someone's a sleepy head, huh?"

The voice was familiar. Aerie thought. She had quite some thinking about who it was before recognizing it was the school bully- Leo's voice. She should remember him, should she? She had been seeing him every day, the menacing look of his, the eyes that told her that he was looking down on her, Aerie should remember.

But she did not.

Now when Aerie looked up again, she wasn't in the open, walking into the campus at eight in the morning and preparing for lessons. She was at the art room, for some reason she could not tell, and it was three in the afternoon.