Chapter 19

"I guess fine then." Night said, stopping in the middle of the road. "Since you guessed who I am already." He pulled his overhead hoodie with his left hand, and when he threw it onto his right, it burned form the bottom to the top. As the piece of cloth left his hand, it was already burnt to ashes flying in the air.

"You don't need your cloth anymore?" Rinne joked, "and its bad for the environment, by the way."

"I have a lot back there." Night replied, dusting the ashes off him. "It doesn't matter." In fact. Night looked even better now he got his hoodie off.  With the three-piece suit and polished leather shoes, he looked decent enough to be at red carpet events. Night grabbed the pair of white gloves inside his pocket, and immediately wore it onto his hands, tightening it onto his hand.

"Great." Rinne said, "but why are you here, anyways?"

"Well its oblivious, right?" Night replied. Rinne must admit that she envy him for keeping himself in shape so well. Not only did he looked the same as Cade— a twenty, his voice was also light and clear despite the fact that the vocals cords had been used for so long. For someone like Rinne, her voice was deep and muffled even when she looked young.

"Of course I came to make sure that you're safe." Night said, "But everyone thought that you could get away with your spells— you are best at that. Why did you let yourself get caught, anyways? You were clearly not trying."

"I panicked, yeah." Rinne replied, the both of them continuing to walk on the road that would lead the two of them out of the woods, "Especially when there was a wound on me."

"A bullet wound?" Night said, "That wasn't large— you have seen larger ones, I have seen much larger ones."

"Anyways. It doesn't matter now." Rinne said, "why are you here, Night? From what I know, you don't have any reason to be here. A well-off job, a decent town to stay in. And your own business, of course. And I don't owe you any favor. You aren't that kind of person who would be nosy enough to wander around nothings like me. You have enough to be busy with."

"Thats right though." Night said, "if he didn't ask, I would most probably leave you here to die, whatever you want."

"He?" Rinne asked, chasing up with him. "you aren't telling me that someone, some other people told you to come here?"

"Yeah, Rinne." Night replied, "My opinion was that he doesn't owe you anything too. Though he stresses that he does."

"Who?" Rinne said, chuckled. She couldn't help but smile. Night, the kinda-immortal who didn't listen or follow anyone ever in hid life, chose to follow orders from someone. "Who was that? Who was the one guy that got you out of your misery and had you following them? Who could ever convince our boy to join them and work for them? Oh my, you got me so interested."

"Who else could it be?" Night answered, "I don't take orders, you know me, Rinne."

"No." Rinne said, smile dropping instantly after knowing who Night was talking about. "NO. You aren't serious aren't you."

"Of course I am." Night said. He made an innocent face to Rinne, trying to convince her that he was telling the truth and wasn't trying to lie.

"The Only is dead, Night." Rinne said, choking on her very words. "I— I saw him die myself. Its not possible—"

"The Only is dead?" Night said. "Its only for those that are powerful enough to know and gullible enough to believe. People like you, Rinne. People that would only would stop causing chaos when the believe that their prize, the first immortal— The Only, what you call him, is dead."