Chapter 16

And the very next moment when she opened her eyes again, it was five. In the morning.

Aerie checked the clock again. And again. Then, she went to open the curtains, which to her surprise, it wasn't even closed in the first place. It was bright. The sun was rising. It was certainly five in the morning.

She fainted. In her own bed.

Aerie still had her jeans on. She hadn't changed at all, and certain hadn't bathed. This had never happened to her before. Not even in her most restless nights. She would always bath herself properly before sleep, hating to get her bed sheets dirty.

Aerie would never, never, sleep like that. Not in wars, not in chaos. This is bad, she thought. There was only once when she was reading too much in a day, after 20 hours of non stop flipping through books, she fell asleep for three whole hours on the armchair in her school library

But that was another thing. And she was twelve years old then. This is different. She didn't run as if she was mad, she didn't read as if it was the last day of her life.

Who ever in their right minds would sleep at seven at night?!

Aerie took a deep breath. She can't go back in time anyways, so she had to face the day anyways. Her mind was still like messed up frozen yoghurt when boiling water poured over her head in the common bath. She felt a lot better after a few cups of tea, and still managed to walk herself to her lessons. She wondered if it was just her, or was it everyone in the campus.

Sleep sleep sleep. Aerie thought.

She managed to keep herself together and sat in a seat in the second row. The loud noise of the speakers managed to keep herself awake, and scrambling notes onto her tablet was actually effective in keeping her awake. Just awake.

Apparently Cade was sitting in the other corner of the room. But he looked better. A lot better than her. So it was only her, after all.

The more Aerie wanted to sleep, the more weird she felt. It mustn't be right— she never dread to sleep in lessons, and certainly not in a morning. The over-energetic girl never wanted sleep.

Sleep sleep sleep.

"Hey! You over there." The professor yelled, what was his name again? Professor Smith? Professor Brown? The very nosy one it is, "If you are planning on sleeping through, do it in the back row."

Aerie looked up, surprised that she actually met with the eyes of the professor. So he was talking about her, obliviously.

Bad thing. Because now she's being looked at by a few of the students who would actually listen to whatever he would say. Aerie got up, and slowly moved herself to the back of the classroom, walking herself out of the room and to the restroom, where she could wash her face and hopefully get herself up.

The corridor was quiet, she watched as the figures in front of her moved, walking, laughing. It felt as if the sky was spinning on top of her, Aerie never knew where she was going, or how did she get there in the first place.

But anyways, the next moment when she opened her eyes,she was already in front of a mirror in the bathroom, and ice cold water was dripping off her face.

She felt more awake, at least foe that brief moment when the coldness struck her like electricity. The next moment she was drifting away again. But this time, she was alone inside the toilet. And there wouldn't be any way she could get any help from there. She could faint, and she could be left unconsciousness for hours and hours unnoticed.

There was definitely something wrong with her.

Why am I inside the bathroom? Aerie wanted to ask. Where am I?