Chapter 47

Lovelock stared at the white room in front of her. On the chair now laid a pretty lifeless body, with the last drops of blood being sick out if it's body.

He was so calm, motionless. Lying on the chair, quietly allowing the cherry red liquid to be running out of his body.

Lovelock could do nothing. She would watch it happen, and when it finished, she would be taking the blood- all of them- to the seniors- elders. And definitely the next would be her.

There were nothing that she could do. She would be caught next- with Rinne staying in the outside, wandering with all the time that she had before she ended with the same fate just like them.

The Association knew. They knew that Rinne was fragile enough that Lovelock was not needed to have her caught.

That's when a weapon was discarded simply because it wasn't needed anymore.

She knew from the second when nobody blamed her for the massacre back in the old facility. They tried to explain that the fall of The Only was enough to compensate for the loss, but more was that she was not needed anymore. And so the information stops flowing towards her.

It wouldn't last much longer. The liquid flow was minimal- the last few blood cells that slowly joined the trillions of its brothers. And when it ends, Lovelock knew that she would end too.

This might as well be the best ending that she could ever possibly ask for. The last twenty years had been hell- she only joined The Association for she truest believed that Cade- The Only- was dead.

She only sworn to make the lie into a truth the first moment when she knew that it was a lie. She wanted him to feel sorry for what he had done.

But she could not lie about her own feelings. Lovelock knew that she had no chance to live happily with him, when he had a soulmate which was more charming than her, more funny than her. She knew that she could never compare with him, but still, even at this moment, she could still feel her heart beating faster every time when she saw the face of the immortal lying in the chair.

When she accepted the offer by The Association, it was a decision that she made when she was filled with hatred, filled with angst. Now that when he was dying in front of her, she was sorry. She never wished for this to happen.

Lovelock looked up. There was nothing she could do. They would be much much more prepared when given the accident moments ago, and the chance of her escaping would be even less, when Cade couldn't even manage. After the death of Jack, all she could manage is to sneak Aerie out, wandering in her mind for one last time and leaving no traces.

All she could do is to accept her fate and hope that even after all the crimes she had done, there would still be one spot in heaven for her. She could be planning for a possible strike, a plan to get her out, at maximum, but the chance for anything to succeed is zero.

Or is it?

Lovelock stared at the white walls. One last thing. One last thing that she could do, one last penny to throw in a wishing well. It would be too late if she hesitated.

Lovelock pulled the vessel that dug into the artery, and tied a knot as she pulled. She watched as a drop of blood slipping back into his pale and lifeless of body.

The Only, heh?

Lovelock removed everything that was attached onto Cade, and placed the bag of collected blood, gently placing it into the bag that she had.

"He's dead." Lovelock said coldly.

"Really, madam?" a clerk who she had never heard of asked her. "It's in the procedures that we have to wait until no blood flows from him to ensure that's he really dead."