Chapter 50

"Them?" Aerie asked again, "who's them?" It seemed as if Winter had noticed a mistake. He immediately covered his mouth with his hands and grasped in horror.

"I- I'm sorry! I'm not supposed to say that!" He said immediately.

"Hey- look. If there's anything that's happening to you, then please do tell us, okay?" Aerie started. "It's not safe for you to keep it to yourself. You'll have to tell us so that we can help you. Whatever it is, we will help you sort it out, okay?"

He continued to sit in the bed, legs shaking in front of him. But he trembled more, and only started at her with his eyes even wider than before. He was scared. And Aerie knew it.

"If you need the time, I'll be there to wait for you." Aerie tried to comfort him. "There won't be anyone to disturb you, just the two of us sitting in here. And you will be safe."

"No." Winter whispered. "I cant tell you- i cant tell you!!" He inhaled deeply and sat back in his chair. He tried not to sound like he's crying but his farce told everything off. "You can't hear about it. You cant. They'll find you. And they will hurt you too just like what they did to me."

"Your parents?" Aerie assumed. "If it was your parents then you should ask for help, honey. I know quite a few children homes that can hopefully house you for a while. Try and find that courage inside you, okay? Try and feel the urge to break yourself free and tell me. At least something. That will help more than you could imagine."

"No it won't." He was certain when he said that- certainly hopeless about his situation. "They aren't my parents- even. They-"

"Yeah?" Aerie said cheerily, encouraging him to continue. "I'm all ears."

"They-" he tried again to talk, but only to stop himself once again when he spoke the first word. "They aren't normal people, Miss Kudrow. They aren't normal people like you."

"What- what do you mean by "not normal people?" Aerie asked again, looking at him in the eyes. "People are normal, child. Mostly if you're thinking that they could do things like- travel in time, watching you if you're not here, or whatever, then you're probably seeing it wrong. You should seek help is you have hallucinations." 

"No- it's real. It IS real." Winter insisted again, "They aren't travelling in time- it's not that ridiculous. I mean- you would probably think that I'm crazy- but they could see what's happening in my mind. And when I'm back, they will know who exactly you are. And then the next second I wouldn't even remember who you are- they would completely wipe my memories when I went back."

"Oh?" Aerie replied.

"You're probably thinking that I'm crazy- a lot of people think I'm crazy- and that's what you're thinking now, right?" Winter continued to say. "You can't help."

"That kind of people that control people through their mind and make them do stuff that they don't, hm?" Aerie asked. "Aren't they like- dead?"

"How do you-" he grasped, looking at her for a moment of surprise. "You believe me?"

"Of course. Did I deny your story?" Aerie continued, and intentionally lowered her voice when she looked at him, "And I know one or two of them too."

"Oh my-" He said. He remained silent for a moment, and immediately bursted into tears, "you need to help me- OH MY, you HAVE to help me! I cant stand another day like this- I think I'm going to collapse! They're making me clean the house every day like some sort of servent and there's nearly no pay. Only holidays on public holidays and ten dollars for a Christmas present. It's bad- you see!"

"It's okay. It's okay." Aerie said, gently giving him a hug, "you have all day to tell me everything."

"You know about those immortals, right?" Winter said, wiping the tear with the corner of his shirt, "there's a lot of them, Miss Kudrow. I don't know how you met any of them, but there's not one. There's hundreds- thousands in this world not being known. I've learnt about one or two. They- there're special. So they're recorded in book in your books. There's another world- where all the others stay."