Chapter 14

"You're being unclear, Cade." Jack replied, "Theres no way we are going to accept this if you don't say what you want, or how we will get it."

"Easy. I tell you her schedule for the next three weeks at maximum, and you'll get her yourself." Cade said, "Don't expect me to help you. I should be burning in hell if I betray against my own kind, right?"

"And?" Jack said, "You haven't finished. What do you want?"

"I want you to forget about me and here. Get out of here in peace, and bug Rinne instead. Simple." Cade said, cheerily. "Tea?"

Jack nodded, and Cade simply poured more into his cup, "and what if we don't catch her?"

"In fact, thats a risk that you have to take, pal. That's none of my business, really. And even if I would provide you with real information, I would always hope that you get lost with her. You've failed to catch me for handfuls of times, really. I must mention that the chance of you actually catching her is pretty low, really."

"In fact, the major reason for why everything- anything won't work is because of you, Cade." Jack replied, "And we are really going to suffer if you ran out of nowhere and stopped us from getting her."

"You are going to suffer anyways, for trying to get me." Cade said sarcastically, "so thats why I didn't say the lot of you have to forget about me and this location permanently. I'm only asking you to piss off for today, I am in a really good mood today."

"Wow." Jack said, "so we will leave you for today, and you will give us the routine of Rinne for the next three weeks?"

"Yes. Three weeks starting from today." Cade said, "You will know thats its true."

"Then you must be in a really good mood today." Jack said, in a tone that somehow sounded guilty, "We will take the deal, then."

"Great." Cade said, "Now if you allow me to fetch some paper and write it down for you."

Aerie did not want to believe what she had heard. Cade was offering a deal that the other side gains such an advantage— not only did he betrayed his friend, Rinne, who was obviously another immortal that The Association was interested, he did not insist on them to forget about him forever. The could be here. Anytime. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the day after tomorrow.

Theres no way Cade would do this just to keep things peaceful. And its not like aftermaths could not be cleaned up.

"So here it is." Cade said, continuing to smile, "have a nice day and get out of here. I would vomit if I see the all of you for a moment longer."

Jack laughed. Hard. "I have never- never! guessed that Cade, Cade Canning, who the all of us struggle so hard to search for, having his schedule and plans so advanced that we have a 50 people team back in our headquarters dedicated entirely to you, could be so gullible. What had gotten into your funny mind? Of course we won't leave so easily? Its been endless caffeine before we had a single idea of where you are."

"What?" Cade said, "I did as I said."

"You know that we never keep promises," Jack replied, "Its what we do. Take every single last bit of the advantage being offered. You are coming with us today, and we will catch Rinne too."

Oh no. Aerie thought. She wanted to scream, but her lungs had no air. Her blood pumped inside her veins vigorously, as if they would escape and pour from her skin any time. This is bad. This is very bad.

Cade had made a wrong decision. A very wrong decision.

"Oh?" Cade said, groggily. But it was beyond too late. The people had already pulled their guns out of their bags, and aimed every single last one towards Cade's cranium.