Chapter 25

A crack. There was finally a crack on the door, an indication that her effort did not go into waste. Only if she could repeat for another few twenty times, then there could actually be a chance that she could escape— if not today, then the day after.

She never noticed the gas that leaked into her room, focused on the door and the stick that cringed onto the rope she took from the shower curtains in the washroom. Only when she started to feel the dizziness she noticed the brown, but odorless gas that came from the above.

"Huh—" Aerie thought. Her attention was instantly being grabbed away. She had forgotten about the stick in her hand, being taken away by the smoke.

It was then released from her hand. Before she knew, the kilos heavy stick swung through the air, and immediately hit her right on the back of her head.There was pain. And then there were the smoke, making her eyes heavy, forgetting the pain that her nerves stimulated.

"What a pity."

Aerie blinked. She tried to. Squeeze her eyes open, but was in vain.

She drifted asleep, in the comfortable bed, in a peaceful night.

Lady Lovelock closed the laptop in front of her, and then the monitors behind it. She would be sleeping tightly and soundly for the entire of the following day— she was tired for sure, and the gas— as long as it was on, still supplying into her room, she would stay asleep.

"You would be up soon, honey." She whispered as she moved the girl that was soundly asleep onto the bed, gently closing the door behind. The atmosphere was quiet, and of course nobody would ever know where she would be.

//

The air blew. Aerie couldn't count the time that had passed when she finally woke again. It felt like as if she had been awoke- and now when she finally opened her eyes, she went into a dream instead.

She didn't have to be informed. She knew that someone had been in her room. And there must be someone always by the cameras. If not, she would never wake up on the bed.

There were no clocks around, and the only watch on her hand had been removed much before she started staying in the room- it could be Saturday night anytime now.

She ran through the escape plan in her mind again before she got up and had a bath. Every step that she should take, she ran in her own mind once before she finally had a clear look around.

The door was open.

Wide open.

Aerie's eyes widened. The glass door— was completely gone. The reflection of light that would be usually given off from transparent objects were also gone.

Interesting. If they had changed the entire piece of glass into something more advanced, better, then Aerie must admit- she was impressed.

Though when she reached for the glass, her hand went through completely.

The glass was so advanced now people could walk through it completely. Aerie laughed at first when she finally realised.

If anything, the last thing that she would be expecting was them letting her go free— after all that work in getting her in the first place. But that doesn't matter. Who said it would be the people from The Association the ones who took the door away anyways?

Aerie walked through. She didn't bother to think when the fresh air rushed into her lungs— she ran. There were stairs. A lot of stairs before laughter and chattering went into her ears.

Free at last.

The party had already started. It wasn't really late, only a person or two were bothering with the decorations. The sun was still up, to her relief.