Chapter 39

"Shut up." The demand came so simply, so threatening. "Or I'll break yr neck. I promise nobody would find out- we'll make sure of that."

"Even in front of so many people?" Aerie laughed, breathing. Somewhere inside her bones, she did not feel like herself- she felt like a other person, attached to a body with the same name as hers and was forced to play in a drama that unfolded in front of her.

"We?" Leo laughed, "we are a group. A same group of people. Unlike you- alone."

"Thought that you won't betray each other, huh?" Aerie laughed. It seemed like her- it seemed like her now. "If you're calling those hormones, whatever, that was playing that silly little game in your mind thinking it's funny- let me be honest. It won't last long."

"Shut up-" he said, raising her even higher up. Aerie could not touch the ground even when she tried to move her toes and stretched it to its furthest. "Since when did you know how to talk back?"

"Since today?" Aerie laughed. "You never thought I could, don't you?"

They stared at her, and hesitated for a moment. Thinking? Figuring what happened in her head? "You- oh god- we were so pretty harsh that we drove someone nuts?"

"I'm not nuts." Aerie said, "you are."

"What did you say?!??" The crowd said, "what did the whore call us just now?!? Mind what you say- bastard."

"Yeah. If that makes you better." Aerie said. "Having fun, huh? Cool-" she didn't manage to finish her s'entende- her head was being banged back onto the blackboard. There was a sharp bang, and her head vibrated like hell.

"Say that again- huh? Dont dare to do it again now?" As if she was really going nuts.

The came tighter, before Aerie actually yelled. She was sure that seconds ago, when she was still on the ground- she had nothing left inside her little lungs.

But now when the grip came tighter- the people chuckled and chattered, she suddenly noticed that there was such a small gap between suffocation and her situation. That she could still scream.

It covered everything. Until Aerie could no longer feel the force, she stopped.

"You have to wake up."

So simple, so soft, so calm. Aerie opened her eyes only to see the bullies completely gone, and in front of her was a figure that she knew.

"Cade." Aerie said simply. "Why- what are you?" Surprised, yeah. Cade gently whipped the object on his hand on his shirt, leaving traits of red on it.

It wasn't a knife, even when it was pretty completely soaked with crimson top to bottom. "Oh sorry if I ruined your brush-" Cade said so calmly that made Aerie shiver a little.

"Sorry but I was running out of stuff that I could grab. But you won't be needing them anyways. The bullies too."

"What- what have you done?" Aerie asked, watching the trail extend form the edges of his shirt to across his entire piece of cloth. And- where are they?"

"You saw what they had done to you and the first thing that you're asking about is them?" Cade replied, "they're- somewhere. I promise. Not in the best situation, but breathing."

"But hey- that's not okay, is it?" Aerie mumbled.

"What's okay and what's not?!" Cade said, suddenly pulling the brush end of the brush and pointed it directly at Aerie, making her fall backward. "You're scared. And it's only any other brush that you used when you were drawing."

"And that's what make you vulnerable." Cade concluded. He gently placed the brush on the table, fresh and new, with every last stain of red being whipped onto his shirt instead. "You have to fight it, Aerie. It could only be you."