Chapter 16

I wake up and see Mar is gone. It looks like I'm the only one who over sleeps in this house. I get ready and head towards the kitchen where I find Jacob eating breakfast.

"Morning Jacob, have you seen my friends?"

"Good morning Hope. Yes they are outside, at the patio."

"Thank you." I say. I start to walk away, but curiosity gets the best of me. "Jacob," I say turning back around. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"What does Bella do here? Like I know you said she goes to places you men can't or whatever, but what exactly is her job title?"

"Well she brings and takes messages and information. She sometimes investigates things Tom asks her too. Whatever is needed really." He says.

"Umm, and what relationship she has with Tom? Is it like a work relationship, are they friends? Maybe something more?" I ask and he smiles.

"Are you jealous?" He asks.

"Me?" I fake laugh. " No no I'm just curious."

"Curious huh," he says and I nod. "I don't know Hope, just ask Tom."

"You always tell me to asks Tom and he never tells me anything." I complain and laughs before letting a big sigh out.

"Tom and Bella, well they had a thing. Nothing serious I believe, I just know she's been with him since the beginning."

"So they dated?"

"Not it was more like friends with benefits. Like I said, nothing serious. I don't think it's going on anymore."

"Huh I don't think so. Yesterday when she arrived he was quick to kick me out of the office." I say and he laughs.

"No Hope believe me. Tom is married to you, and even if love was not the reason for your marriage, loyalty and respect is very important to him. I'm sure he'll respect you as his wife and definitely will be loyal." Before I get to say something, Bella walks in to the kitchen.

"Good morning." She greets us. "Jacob, so nice to see you as always."

"Good morning Bella, beautiful as always." Jacob says back.

"Oh stop it. You'll make me actually believe it." She says back.

"I'll get going." I say.

"No wait," Bella stops me. "Can I talk to you?" She asks and I look at Jacob who looks at me too.

"Sure."

"I'll be gone then." Jacob says before leaving us alone.

"I just hope you're not upset about last night." She starts talking.

"Why would I be?"

"Well the way tom asked you to leave, I mean it was humiliating. I can't believe he treated you that way." She says and I'm shook at her words. "But it's just that Tom and I had important things to talk about and do privately."

"I-" I start to speak and she cuts me off.

"I just Hope you understand, i have been here for Tom since the beginning, Tom and I are very close friends, and even something more." She says with a smirk. "But at the end of the day, you are the wife and I wouldn't want any misunderstandings between us that would jeopardize my relationship with Tom, you get what I'm saying right?" She asks and I nod.

"No misunderstanding here. Good talk Bella." I say giving her a smile and turning around to walk away. I walk towards the patio obviously upset. How dare she say how he kicked me out was humiliating? I know it was but why she had to point it out? I'm even more humiliated now. Mar looks at me and I know she can read me. She gets up real quick form her chair to meet me halfway.