Chapter 31

I open my eyes again, this time it's day time. The first thing I see is Hope sleeping next to me, her head still on my arm. I look at her for a few seconds before giving her a kiss on her forehead and getting up slowly attempting not to wake her up. I rush over to my room where I get ready for the day. I grab my phone and dial Harrison's number.

"Where are you?" I ask.

"The kitchen." He says and I hang up. I rush over to the kitchen where I find Harrison and Harry eating breakfast. I grab an apple and bite into it.

"I'll see you in the office once you're done. Get Jacob too." I say and go to the office to work. Minutes late Harry, Jacob and Harrison arrive to the office.

"Has he said anything?" I ask.

"No, we went over this morning and still refused to talk." He says and I throw my pen to the desk.

"I've been thinking about who it could be and I can't figure it out. It's definitely not a robbery though." I say and there is a knock on the door followed by the door being opened and I know who it is.

"May I come in?" Hope asks and I smile at the fact that she's already inside yet asks if she can come in.

"Do you need anything?" I ask and she shakes her head no as she walks to the middle of the office.

"The Jones family did it." She says.

"What?" I ask.

"The Jones are responsible for shooting Sam."

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Well I went to the basement last night and Ben-"

"You did what?" I say standing up. I don't give her a chance to say another word when I walk up to her, grab her by the hand, and pull her out the office to my room. "What the fuck are you talking about Hope?" I ask as I close my room for behind her.

"Last night I went to the basement to see if I could learn something."

"And why on earth would you do that?" I say irritated.

"Because I want to help."

"You help enough by not putting yourself in risky situations."

"What risky situation? The man is tied from hands and feet."

"Still Hope, he could've found a way to hurt you and if something would've happened to you, I-" I stop talking before I can finish that sentence. I can't bare the thought of something happening to her.

"Nothing happened Tom," she says grabbing my face with her soft hands. "I care about the things that happen here, this is my house and this is my family, I just wanted to help." She adds. I put my arms around her and pull her in for a hug. I let go a little bit and lean in to kiss her. When we break the kiss i press my forehead against hers. I am terrified at the thought that while I was peacefully sleeping, she was risking herself trying to help.

"Please don't ever put yourself in situations like this again without letting me know before." I say and she nods. "And how did you do it for him to talk? I tried all my methods and nothing worked." I ask confused.

"Well, long story short I told him I hate you more than anything and I can help him if he told me who sent him." She says shyly.

"That's it? That easy?"

"Of course not, it took a little bit of insisting, exaggerating situations, I showed him some scars i have from Paulo's and blamed them on you, i made you look terrible" She says and laughs. I smile at her laugh, I love the sound.