Chapter 36

I walk in to the room where my dad was laying down. His face was completely covered in bruises and cuts. I couldn't stop the tears forming in my eyes. It broke my heart to see him like this. This was my only parent, my hero, my guardian, how did this even happen? The doctor had now just left saying he has a fractured shoulder, broken ribs , but thankfully no internal bleeding. I hear my dad groan in pain and I get closer.

"Try not to move dad, you're hurt."

"I'm fine honey." He argues with me.

"Yeah well the doctor would like to disagree."

"Doctors exaggerate everything."

"Well whatever. He said you needed bed rest so stay still please." I say almost begging and he caresses my face. The door opens right away.

"The doctor left this prescription. Jacob went to get it already." Tom says standing in the door.

"Thank you." I say.

"Thank you son." My dad says making Tom snap his head his way right away. He doesn't say anything, he gives my dad a soft nod and leaves the room.

"I'll be here if you need anything." He says to me as he closes the door and I nod.

"So, how is it going with him?" My dad asks.

"Good." I smile and my dad lifts his eyebrows. "Tom is a good man dad."

"He kidnapped you and forced you to marry." He states.

"Yes, but he also saved me from Paulo and saved you too." I say and he stays quiet. "He cares about me dad, he protects me, takes care of me, loves me. And I love him too. Maybe we didn't have the ideal marriage process but I will forever be glad I married him. I don't regret it one bit." I say. My dad looks at me as if he's looking for to see if I was forced to say this but no, this was nothing but my heart talking.

Minutes passed as my dad told me about the horrible experience he had in hands of the psycho of Paulo Da Silva. Hearing his experiences made me remember about mine and I'm just glad that fucker will never be able to hurt someone I love again. A couple of knocks on the door make me clear my tears before it opens revealing Tom holding the medicine and water.

"It's here." He says and I rush to him to grab them.

"Thank you. Ok dad, you have to take 2 of these it says here." I say opening the container taking out 2 white pills. I give them to my dad and he takes them down with the water. I place the medicine in the night stand next to the bed.

"Umm, Hope." Tom says clearing his throat. I walk up to him. "I need to go back to London. We leave in a few hours please get ready."

"No. I'm not leaving, I can't leave my dad like this." I argue.

"Hope, I need to go back and I am not leaving you. Your dad will be taken back to Madrid at the same time, Diego will take care of him."

"No Tom, I'm saying with him. I'm his daughter, I'll take care of him."

"Listen to your husband, honey. I will be fine. Diego will get me a nurse or whatever I need to help me."

"I said no, i want to stay." I say.

"Hope.." Tom says loosing his calm.

"Tom, I'm staying, so you can go ahead and go without me."

***
Tom's POV:

It's been now almost 5 days since we rescued Rafael. He is doing well now, I'm sure it's because of all the care and love my wife has been giving him. Oh that's right, Hope Holland won another battle against me and per her request we stayed. Harrison and the twins went back, but I came to Spain with her. There was no way on earth I would leave her alone. By now the Da Silva already know Paulo was killed and must be looking for us even under the rocks.