Chapter 37

"Careful with that Jack," I say to our of our men who almost drops a box of Christmas ornaments. "You break it, you pay it." I joke making Jack laugh.

"No need to worry boss." He answers.

I continue walking around the house to make sure everything is ready. Christmas Eve is tonight and my dad, Diego and Mar are coming to spend it with us. I'm very excited as this is the first time I'm hosting a holiday in my own house, and it just happens to be my favorite holiday. I get to the kitchen to bake some cookies. I turn on the oven to preheat and when I turn around I find Tom standing in the entrance looking at me.

"Oh hi." I say.

"You have no idea how beautiful it is to see you run this house." He says walking up to me wrapping his arms from behind me. "And you baking cookies, this is a sight to die for." He adds placing a kiss to my neck tickling me.

"Thank you, I hope you like my cookies." I answer shyly. If I don't burn them, of course.

"Where's your ring?" He asks bring my left hand closer to his face.

"I took it off to bake. I don't want it getting dirty. But don't worry, I'll put it on as soon as I'm done." I say and before he's able to say anything Harry walks in.

"Hope, can you come real quick?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say and follow Harry outside the house.

"Can you please tell Sam it goes higher?" He says pointing to Sam on top of a latter putting lights in the front of the house.

"Harry I can't do any higher there will be no place to attach the lights from." Sam argues.

"Mate, I'm seeing it from here." Harry argues back.

I look back and forth in between the twins. Their job was to set the lights up. Yeah, this Christmas everyone got something to do to help the house be ready yet somehow we still weren't ready and our guests were almost arriving. The twins continue arguing about where the lights would be at when Harrison signals me to go inside.

"Guys!" I say and they both turn to me. "It doesn't matter where just put them up already please. I have to go." I say and run inside the house before I can hear them argue again.

"What happened?" I ask Harrison.

"They arrived at the airport already, they'll be here in 45." He says.

"Shit, okay thank you."

"Also," he says. "Do I put the star on top of the tree right now or we do that tomorrow?" He innocently asks.

"You can put it up right now, that's ok." I say. He gives me a small smile and walks to the tree to put the start on top of it. "I'm going to go get ready, I leave you in charge." I say to Harrison.

"Got it boss." He replies.

Everyone had gotten the habit of calling me boss, even Tom does it, and im not going to lie, I like it. I run up to the room and jump right in the shower. Once out, I blow dry my hair and prep my face to get my make up done. I sit on my vanity and start. A while later, I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say and the door breaks in to reveal Mar. I jump of my sit and rush to hug her.

"Oh god I missed you." I say holding my best friend.

"I miss you too. It's not the same thing to talk in the phone than seeing you in person."

"I know, come in." I pull her in and close the door again. "Help me with my hair." I say and Mar laughs.