Chapter 29

I sit in my office doing some work when the email notification rings. I check my inbox and find an email with the photos from the charity event I assisted with Hope not too long ago. I go through the photos and see again how beautiful my wife looked that night. The shine in her eyes as she smiles for the camera, her arm hooked in mine. When will I get to have her so close again? It's been a couple of weeks now since she's been back and things are far from good. She hasn't spoken to me since they day we got back, she avoids me as much as she can. There's times I go in to the kitchen and she is eating with my brothers and if I sit down she gets up and walks away. I've tried to speak to her again but she ignores me and walks past me. We are right at the beginning, but this time is worst. There's a knock on my door and I look up.

"Come in." I say and Harrison walks in.

"Hey."

"Hey, any news?" I ask.

"No, but don't worry we are still looking." He says and I nod my head. We haven't been able to find out who shot Sam, but we are working on it, it's just a matter of time. "Are you alright mate?"

"No." I answer honestly. "She's still not talking to me."

"Give her time, it's what happened last time."

"No Harrison, last time was different. Last time she would talk to me, well yell at me but still, I'd prefer her to be yelling and cursing than ignoring me, it hurts more." I say and Harrison gives me a sympathetic smile not knowing what to say because the knows I'm right, he knows I'm hurting.

"Have you told her about the dinner?" He asks.

"No not yet. I haven't find the right time to tell her."

"Do you think she'll want to go."

"I hope so, it would be an opportunity for me to be alone with her."

"Well go tell her then," he says pointing to the door. I give him a concerned look and he sighs. "Mate you need act on the moment, whatever has to happen will happen, go." He says again and I nod grabbing the invitation and sprinting out the office.

I'm now in front of Hope's room door, pacing back and forth in the hallway with the invitation in my hand. I feel nervous about going in there, she's probably going to kick me out. I don't understand, I've killed people without hesitation and im afraid of no one, yet here i am nervous and scared of going to talk to my wife. I finally grow some courage and open her bedroom door. Hope is sitting on her bed and stands you as soon as she sees me.

"What are you doing here? Get out." she says and i walk up to her and hand her the invitation. "What's this?"

"An invitation to a business dinner on Friday with really important people in London. We have to attend." I say.

"We?" She questions. "Sounds like a lot."

"Yes we, you are still my wife therefore you have to go with me."

"What if I don't want to?" She crosses her arms.

"I'm asking you as a favor, please?" I say defeated and she stays silent for a second looking at the invitation.

"Only as a favor." She says and sits back down on the bed with the invitation on hand.

"Ok thanks." I say leaving her room with the biggest smile on my face. This is great.

***
Friday arrived and I'm done getting ready. Hope's stylist got here hours ago so she should be done too. I go towards her room when the stylist is leaving closing the door behind her.

"Mrs. Holland is ready." She says smiling.

"Thank you." I say and she nods walking away.

I open the door and walk in to find Hope bending over her vanity to get closer to the mirror as she puts some lipgloss and I forget how to breathe for a second. She's wearing a black top with an orange pencil skirt that makes her look amazing, her hair in a low bun, her bruises are gone and if she had any mark left it was covered up with the makeup. Every time, every time she leaves me speechless. I like to always acknowledge what she's wearing to take it all in to remember when I don't have her close. She always looks good but when she gets ready, she looks unbelievable. Just as I'm getting deep in my thoughts, Hope stands up and turns to face me.