Chapter 33

"Gone? Gone where?" I ask.

Diego let's a big breathe out before speaking. "I don't know rubia."

"What do you mean you don't know Diego? You're his right hand. He doesn't move a foot without you, how is he just gone?" I snap at him.

"I don't know Hope I don't know! He left without notifying me or anyone." He snaps back.

"How long has he been missing?" Tom asks.

"Since this morning."

"And you're barely telling me?" I ask.

"I was hopeful he'd come home. But when he didn't I decided to come and let you know."

"We'll it hasn't been that long, maybe he'll come back or something." Tom adds and I turn around to look at him. If looks could hurt, he would be wounded right now.

"This is not like Rafael at all. He wouldn't do anything without me so I'm concerned. I came here to ask for help finding him."

"Of course Diego." I say. "Stay here I'll get some stuff ready and we'll go back to Spain." I add and he nods as I make my way to my room running. I don't look back but I know Tom is following. When I open the room door, my dress is practically off me and I put on a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt.

"Hope what are you doing?" Tom asks as he stands with his back to the door just looking at me going around the room gathering my stuff.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm packing to go with Diego."

"You're really thinking on going back to the place where you were taken away from?"

"My dad is missing Tom, didn't you hear? Of course I'm going back."

"And what about your safety?"

"I don't care about my safety."

"I do." He says grabbing me by the arm making me stop. "Please don't go."

"I'm sorry Tom but I'm going and Im not asking you for permission." I say pulling my arm off his grip.

"Diego has been here for hours, maybe your dad already went home and he just doesn't know it yet." Tom says.

"What?" I ask and Tom realizes what he said. He mouths the word shit. "How do you know how long Diego has been here?"

"Harrison called to notify me." He says and I remember the call he got when he had just arrived at the event.

"This whole time you knew my dad was missing?" I ask and he nods. "And you didn't tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry. I wanted us to have a good time." He says and I feel furious. I fight back the tears.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Thomas? Why would you hide that from he? How can you be so selfish?"

"I wasn't trying to be selfish Hope, it's just," he stops and tugs his hands on his hair. "Why are you so worried about someone who never worries about you?"

"Because he is my dad! My father god dammit." I snap. "He worries about me whether you believe it or not. He's done and say things he probably shouldn't but so have you. And if I was able to forgive you, why wouldn't I do the same with him?" I add and Tom stays quiet looking at me. "Because you think he killed your parents? Is that why he doesn't deserve any forgiveness?" I ask.

"I don't want to talk about that right now." He says.

"Then when? You say the same thing all the time. Evading the conversation is not going to make go away. You say you received a package accusing my father but did you even look into it? Did you investigate if the information there was true?