Chapter 20

We arrive at the venue and it's already full of people. There's all kinds of people here, mafia leaders, business people, athletes, journalist and important people all around. Every year I'm invited to this charity event Finn organizes and every year I come. This time is my first time showing up with a date, so I'm ready for the questions. I help Hope get off the car and she seems fascinated with everything she sees, and I'm still fascinated with her. As we walk in, journalist outside the venue take photo and call my name, Hope smiles and waves at everyone. We walk in to the venue and immediately start greeting people and introducing them Hope. She behaves politely and nice with everyone, her smile never leaving her face. I feel Hope unhook her arm from mine so I grab it rapidly.

"I'll be back." She said.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To get a drink Tom." She says pulling her arm from my grip.

I see her as she walks away and the eyes of some men follow after her.

"Jacob," I cal and he looks my way. I point her way and he nods before following her. Harrison and I arrive to a table and stand around drinking some champagne when Harry arrives.

"We are good. The man are scattered all over the place, if the Da Silvas are planning something, this time we are prepared." He says.

"Ok, I hadn't seen you since last night. Why did you leave early?" I ask.

"For the dumb shit you do." He says.

"What?"

"I can't believe I'm going to say this to the most upright person I know, but mate if you're going to cheat on your wife at least do it where she can't see you."

"What the fuck you're talking about Harry?" 

"Last night, after you left her in the middle of the dance floor, she followed you to the girls bathroom and noticed the door was locked with you and Bella inside."

"So that's what she was talking about." I say to myself but loud enough for Harry to hear.

"Yeah, when she tried to get in and couldn't, she turned around on the edge of tears and said she wanted to leave. So be more careful next time."

"I'm not fucking cheating on Hope Harry. You know me, I wouldn't do that."

"Well yeah but I also know you had something with Bella so I'm not quite sure."

"Don't say stupid shit, that was over the moment I got married." I argue.

"Ok fine. If you say so." He says putting his hand up in surrender.

I look around desperately trying to find Hope. I need to explain to her what happened, I need to tell her I'm not cheating and all I have with Bella now is a work relationship. That's why she was so upset, but I don't understand, if she despises me so much why would it bother her? Oh for fucks sake Tom is a thing of respect. Is that also why she was with Ezra during the day? Ezra, that's some business I have to take care of too.

"Find me Ezra and take him to the back." I say and Harry nods before leaving.

I continue to look around and I spot my wife very talkative with a black curly haired guy who I recognize almost right away. Hope is laughing and smiling with this guy and it annoys me. Without thinking I walk up to them.