2. Hideout?

"So how old are you?"

"Excuse me?"

"How old are you?" Touya glanced over at Tenko. They had been wandering around the city for God knows how long. Touya made it his mission to find them a place to stay before the night fell.

"Why do you want to know that again?" Tenko replied with a confused tone.

"Well if we're going to be..traveling..with each other, I want to know how old you are!" Touya grinned.

Tenko blushed a little and watched the ground as they walked. "I'm 15."

"Oh, I'm 16."

Tenko glanced over at Touya. He was looking ahead now, but he still had a cheesy ass grin. For a runaway, he seems pretty happy. Touya peeked over at the raven haired teen.

"You're staring. What's up?" The redhead asked.

Tenko blinked back to reality. He rubbed his neck nervously before taking a soft breath.

"Why did you run away?" He asked softly.

Touya glanced at his friend. Why I ran? Because I was fucking selfish. A coward.

"I ran away because my father abused me and my siblings. My little sister, Fuyumi, helped me plan how I would leave, but she begged me not to go. I didn't listen to her, as you can see now." Touya explained.

"Your siblings?" Tenko repeated.

"Yeah! I have three younger siblings: my younger sister, Fuyumi; my younger brother, Natsou; and my baby brother, Shoto." He smiled as he listed them. But his smile quickly faded when he realized that he'd never see them again.

Tenko shifted his gaze to his friend. He rubbed his arm as a small sigh escaped his lips. His ruby eyes fluttered shut as he tipped his head to the sky.

"Those weren't actually police men chasing me." The smaller boy whispered.

"What was that?" Touya turned to him.

"Those officers. They were really what they seemed." The ravenette sighed. "They were my master's employees. Or my "bodyguards."" He rolled his eyes and scoffed.

Touya cocked a brow. Bodyguards? The hell is this kid? Eventually, soft snickers escaped Touya's lips. Tenko looked at Touya with a confused look.

"What were you, some kind of rich kid? Ran away from the fame?" Touya sneered with a teasing tone.

"I was an experiment. Because of my quirk." Tenko hissed coldly, opening and closing his hand.

Touya's face fell. God fucking dammit. Nice fucking going Touya! Touya scolded himself. He looked away from the ravenette and sighed softly.

The two of them walked in silence for about an hour or so before Touya noticed an abandoned neighborhood. Oh..seemingly abandoned.

"What about here?" He motioned to it.

Tenko looked over at the neighborhood. He shuddered, scooting closer to the redhead.

"Gives me the creeps.." he muttered from beside Touya.

"It's perfect then! We can just sneak into one of the houses and live there!"

Tenko shuddered again. He stayed close to his redheaded friend as they walked through the neighborhood. A few people were outside the houses, giving the two boys weird or suspicious looks as they walked by.

Touya didn't pay them any mind. He kept his eyes ahead as he led the smaller ravenette to the house he decided. When they got to it, the redhead kicked open the door.

The house was much bigger on the inside than the out. The furniture seemed pretty much in shape, minus the dirty look the couches and sofas gave off. Touya grinned and stepped in.

"Woah." He muttered as he looked around.

Tenko followed him in. He stared at the ground and yelped, rushing to Touya's side. Quickly, the redhead whipped around with his quirk activated.

"What? What happened?" Touya hissed lowly, looking around.

Tenko pointed at a rat that was staring them dead in the eyes. Touya cringed and jumped when it came running at them. He swiftly shot his flames at the large rodent, burning it alive in a matter of seconds.

"It's okay." He turned to Tenko, who was shaking a bit. "It's dead now."

The ravenette sighed shakily. He scooted away from Touya, an embarrassed look painting his face as he turned to stare at the ground.

"Sorry..I didn't mean to get scared." Tenko muttered.

"It's alright! Everyone gets scared!" Touya reassured him, rubbing his shoulder.

Tenko stared at the ground and sighed. Touya looked around the living room, his eyes meeting the couch. His face twisted in disgust but he rubbed the back of his neck.

"This place should do. We can clean it up a bit and take down the more hazardous stuff..." Touya started rambling on about what they could do to fix the house up.

Tenko looked around as well. He rubbed his arm and sighed. The redhead turned to the ravenette with a confused gaze.

"Hey, what's wrong? You feeling okay?" Touya asked quickly.

He stood in front of Tenko and cupped his cheeks, lifting his head up to meet his gaze. The ravenette avoided eye contact with the redhead's icy blue eyes.

"I'm fine. Just..tired?" He replied in a questionable tone.

"Oh. Well, I can go find the bedroom if you feel like you need to rest!" Touya grinned.

Tenko hesitated before nodding. His new redheaded friend grabbed his wrist carefully and pulled him down the hallway. They wandered a bit before finding a master bedroom.

Unlike the couch, the sheets and blankets on the bed looked almost new. Most of the walls were blank and they weren't covered in dirt or cobwebs. Touya pulled Tenko over to the bed and sat him down.

The redhead looked around the room. His eyes settled on a roll of sports tape that was sitting on a dresser. He walked over and picked it up, bringing it back to Tenko. He took his friend's hands carefully and wrapped two individual fingers on each hand.

"What're you doing?" Tenko whispered once he finished the second hand.

"Patching up your fingers! You said you disintegrate whatever you touch with all five fingers, right? So if two are covered, then you won't have to worry about destroying anything!"

Destroying.."Right...thank you, Touya."

Touya nodded. "Don't mention it!" He hopped up from where he was sitting on the bed. "You can get some rest now."

"What about you?" Tenko tilted his head to the side a bit.

Touya looked at him. He shrugged a little as his eyes wandered to the door.

"I guess I can just make a spot in the living room to sleep." He muttered as he scratched the back of his neck.

Tenko shook his head quickly. "No. I'm not letting you sleep out there." His voice was stern as he spoke.

The ravenette slid off the bed. He walked over to Touya and grabbed his hand, subconsciously holding up his two bandaged fingers. With what strength the smaller one had, he dragged Touya over to the bed.

Tenko nudged the redhead onto it, crawling beside him. Touya blushed a little at this.

"Are you sure you're comfortable with this?" Touya asked quickly.

"It's fine." Tenko shrugged. Too tired to care anyway.

The two boys laid down silently and awkwardly. They both faced away from each other, Tenko now staring at his bandaged hands. He's helping me...He's willing to do all this just to keep me out of trouble. He glanced over at Touya and smiled a little.

Thank you, Touya.