33. A love that is true

Hello everyone! Just for this first part of the story, I'm going to attempt (key word: attempt) to write in Tomura's first-person point of view! Forgive me if it is literal shit, I don't write first-person often for a reason :(

~~~~~~~~~~~

Shigaraki's POV
As soon as the words left my mouth, I knew I had fucked up. I could feel the entire room's eyes on me. Why did I say that? Why the FUCK would I think about saying that?!

Of course I cared about Dabi! Why wouldn't I? He was the only one there for me when I needed it. The idiot stayed by my side through every single panic attack, every stupid fucking rant or hissy fit I threw about our teammates. Dabi was there for everything.

And I called him fucking "tolerable."

Suddenly, the loud slam of glass hitting the table shattered the silence. My eyes shifted to where the noise had come from and I felt my heart drop to my stomach when I realized who was sitting across the table from me.

Oh shit.

Dabi got up from his stool and marched up the stairs. The slam of his bedroom door was almost hard enough to shake the base itself. I could feel flinch.

"What the hell, Tomura!" Himiko shrieked at me.

I whipped my head around to face her. "What do you mean "what the hell?!" I didn't even do anything!" I yelled back.

"He LOVES you! You dense fucking moron!" The blonde hollered at me again.

Luckily, I wasn't in a complete shock, otherwise I wouldn't have missed the knife that was thrown at me. My heart felt as if it was being rang out like a rag. Dabi...loved me? But why? Why me? Why didn't he say anything sooner? My thoughts were exploding around my head, giving me an instant migraine. I wanted to scream and cry and tear my neck to shreds.

"He...what?" I slowly mustered out.

"He loves you! Why the hell do you think he sticks around you? Even when you threaten to fucking kill him." Toga sneered. "Because he loved and cared about you. How could you just say something like that?"

I turned my attention back up to the stairway beside the bar. My heart sank into the bottom of my stomach.

"I-I didn't mean it." I whispered.

"Then tell HIM that!" Himiko hissed with anger. "Don't just sit there! Go and apologize to him! Now!"

I was up in an instant. Before I could even realize what I was doing, I found myself heading up the stairs to Dabi's room.

But something was wrong. I could feel it.

As I came closer to the room, I could smell a sort of...burning? What the hell? A sudden heat washed over me as I stepped closer to Dabi's door. My heart was racing and, before I knew it, I had flung the door open.

"Dabi!" I screamed.

First Person POV again!!
The burning man turned to meet Shigaraki's worried, crimson eyes. Pity began to burn at him, which piled onto the force of the flames. However, Dabi felt himself smile sadly at his boss.

"Hey...Shig..." was all that was audible over the flames before Dabi's body collapsed.

"Oh fuck!" Shigaraki hollered as he rushed over to Dabi.

He didn't get too close due to the bright, burning flames that covered the ravenette's body. Panic raced through his veins as he stared helplessly at his burning teammate's body. Small, burning tears began to pool into Shigaraki's eyes as he whipped around and ran downstairs.