15. Feathers

Months.

That's how long he had waited.

It had been months since Tomura had disappeared. Honestly, Touya felt betrayed. Like he had been thrown down into a deep, dark hole filled to the brim with mud and cement; pretty much anything and everything in the world to keep him frown coming back up for air.

He wandered the streets more frequently now. It wasn't like he had anything or anyone back "home" waiting for him. His real nor hiding home.

Everyone he ever thought he could love are gone now. His mom; tried her best but couldn't reach him, Fuyumi; called him overdramatic, Natsou; was already neglected, Shoto; too young to even know what was happening. He faked his death for a reason; to get away from the main threat.

Endeavor.

He kept the story well hidden. The whole world saw him as this big, brave number two hero, but they knew better. Each and every one of them.

But, there was a hidden perk behind all of Endeavor's training. It made him stronger. Though his flames burnt through his skin all the time, it became numb. His bones broke only to become stronger. Scars covered his body as his own personal armor.

It was like a game.

The more EXP you get for your character, the more they enhance in a certain skill set. You get EXP from fights, each one leading up to the "Boss" level. The boss, in this world, were supposed to be the Villains.

But, now he didn't know. Was he a villain? Because he ran away? Because his quirk was so powerful? Or was he a hero just on the run, saving himself from his own dangers. Do heroes run away? Touya didn't know. He never exactly studied heroes, nor had the chance to, so he wouldn't know even if he wanted to.

A soft sigh escaped the teen's lips as he shoved his hands into his pockets. His head stayed low as he traveled, contemplating his very existence. He was so lost in thought he didn't even notice the figure swooping through the air. Touya caught their eye, confusion and curiosity coursing through their veins. Smiling brightly, the boy swooped down and hovered beside Touya.

"Hey there!" They chirped.

Touya twitched and looked at them. He tipped his head and stopped moving, turning his body to face them.

"Whatcha doing out here all alone?" The blonde teen asked, tipping his head to the side.

Touya shrugged and rubbed his neck. "Dunno..I-"

"Oh my gosh you're hurt!"

Touya watched as the new figure drop down from their spot midair and make their way to Touya. He went to retaliate, but the new teen had already knocked his hands away from his neck. Their amber eyes studied the burnt area. Gently, he brought his fingers up and traced the outline of the burn that had been patched onto the ravenette's skin. Or, the fading ravenette.

"This is bad." The blonde murmured.

"It's fine." Touya replied, carefully nudging the teen's hand away. "It's nothing to worry about. It's just injuries from my quirk."

The blonde boy looked up at him and tipped his head to the side. "Huh. Didn't expect that answer."

Touya shrugged again. The teen in front of him sighed softly and took a step back. He shifted his amber-eyed gaze to him again, smirking a little.

"Where do you live? I can take you back home if you want!" The teen suggested.

Touya narrowed his eyes to them. "Yeah. Nice try, but I know not to trust people I just met. Especially people my age." The sentence seemed more distant than the rest of it did. Touya mentally cursed and scolded himself for that.

"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt you!" The teen's face fell a little but was quickly replaced with a grin. He held hand out to Touya. "My names Hawks! Well..that's my hero name anyways."

Touya shifted his gaze to Hawks's hand. He glared at it a little before pushing it to the side with his own. "Dabi."

Hawks retracted his hand, keeping his stupid smile. "Nice to meet you, Dabi!"

"Whatever."

The lack of communication easily bored the winged kid in front of Touya. He turned his amber eyes to the ground as he nudged a stone with his foot, lifting it onto the top of his shoe as he bounced it a little. His wings puffed up in amusement as he watched the rock hop on his foot.

"So?" Touya finally asked, calling Hawks's attention again. "You just gonna stand there or make yourself useful and leave."

"You heard me, right?" Hawks turned his gaze back up to Touya. "I told you I would walk you home. Just so nothing happened to you!"

"I'm not going "home"." Touya spat.

Hawks blinked at the statement. His eyes traced Touya's body before catching his harsh gaze. There was something he noticed in his eyes that...felt familiar. A certain set of loss and anger towards the world. One that, unfortunately, he too had felt before.

"You...ran away. Didn't you?" Hawks finally managed to whisper.

"Yeah, so what." Touya sneered coldly.

Hawks sighed softly, pinching the bridge of his nose. He'll have to go somewhere. I can't just leave him here in the streets; a real hero would never! After a few minutes of thinking, Hawks turned his attention to the raven haired teen before him with a half-smile.

"Why don't you come and live with me for a while?" Hawsks suggested, maintaining his half-smile. "Just until we can find you a place to live or until you feel safe going back home?"

Touya met eyes with Hawks. There was a sense of innocence in his gaze; all he wanted to do was help. Help someone who may be like him, alone and stranded in this hell of a planet alone. Afraid that, one day, he'd find this new kid dead on the streets somewhere. A familiar feeling rushed over Touyam causing him to shudder. When his gaze caught Hawks's once again, he saw him. A soft smile plastered on Tomura's face as he held determination in his eyes, so ready to take on the world and anything and everything it wanted to throw at the two of them. Himiko was there as well, standing beside Hawks with a fierce smile as she held a hand out to Touya.

"Let's give them hell, Touya-kun!" She giggled.

Hope fluttered in the teen's chest as he watched the illusions fade from view. Hawks appeared again, his bright red wings now tucked in close against his back as he tipped his head to the side, his eyes studying Touya's body.

"So what's it gonna be? You coming with?" He asked in an almost bored tone.

Touya blinked to make sure he was back to reality before turning his gaze to Hawks. A sly smirk formed onto his face as he flicked his head towards Hawks.

"Lead the way, Hawks." Touya said confidently.