1-???: .... . .-.. .--. -- .

Crying.

Once again, the silence of the night had been interuppted by the sound of a wailing child. One of the two parents shifted in the bed with an annoyed grunt. The mother of the child, a snowy white haired women, and had fallen asleep about 30 minutes ago after a stressful day of caring for the child. This time, it was the father's turn to wake.

The grumpy, older male sat up in the bed. He rubbed his eyes as the blanket dangled lazily off his shoulders. His fiery red hair was now a matted mess as his eyes scanned the room, trying to adjust to the darkness. Once they had, he sat up and trudged out of the room.

Soft beams of moonlight illuminated the family's house. The quiet tune of crickets echoed outside of the walls, but now they were barely audiable under the sobbing. When the male arrived, he leaned against the child's doorframe for a moment.

"Touya." He muffled out through a yawn. "How are you awake at this time?"

Enji shuffled over to the crib and lifted the smaller redhead out of the bed. It was difficult to hold him most times, due to his overnatural body heat and quirk, but he did his best. Touya whimpered and squirmed against his father as Enji laid him against his arm.

"You've been fed." Enji noted softly to himself. "Rei already did that. And changed you. So what are you crying about?"

The new father's eyes scanned the room. Did he want to play? Was he scared of something? Did he see something that startled him? All of those questions soon became irrelevant when Touya's sobs soon calmed down to small whimpers and whines. His small hands reached around, seeming to grasp for something. Enji caught onto this.

The older redhead tipped his head in confusion. "What is it?"

Touya whined and reached his hands up to Enji, his hands opening and closing. Enji's confused look never went away, but, slowly, he offered his hand to his son. The smaller redhead took his hand with no hesitation and held his father's hand close to him. His small fingers tracing the scars that bore his father's hand. Soon, the tears had come to a halt.

Enji felt himself smile. His heart felt like it was going to melt as he watched his son carefully. Touya's much smaller hand explored his father's, gripping it at different angles or slightly pinching the skin on his fingers with his nails. Soft sounds came from the smaller one such as soft whines or hums.

"I see." Enji finally spoke up as he sat down against the wall. "You wanted someone with you, didn't you?"

Touya shifted his gaze up to his father. A bright smile made its way onto the smaller redhead's face as he giggled and nuzzled into the pro hero's hand. Enji chuckled lowly. His unpreoccupied hand rested on the baby's head, running his hand through his hair softly.

In response, Touya leaned further into his father's hand. Enji was grateful for this. He was grateful for his son, for the chance God has given him to have a family. He knew Touya would become something amazing no matter what he chose to do in life.

"You'll be great." Enji murmured under his breath. His hand stroked through Touya's hair as he continued to speak. "Maybe even one day you'll surpass me. Heh..that'd be great. Seeing my own son become an even stronger man than I am." As his eyes turned back to Touya, he felt himself smile. Enji hoisted the smaller Todoroki closer to him so he could lay his forehead against the child's. "No matter what, I'll always be here for you. I'll always cheer you on, my Touya."

The child, having no clue what his father was talking about, giggled and reached his hands up to touch his father's cheeks. His skin was warm, but there were no flames this time. Thankfully. Touya closed his eyes as he embraced his father's warmth.

Little did Touya know he was what was going to hold the future. He was going to be the expectation. The one to represent the entire Todoroki family, bring honor to their name. He was going to be the greatest hero in all of Japan!

Or...that's what everyone wanted him to be.

After a few minutes, Enji moved his face away from Touya's head. He felt himself yawn and rub his eyes as his exhaustion started to catch up to him. Dammit. Enji mentally cursed. Stupid pro hero work. Never leaves me not exhausted. The pro hero's eyes shifted down to the child in his arms shifted against his chest. He was clearly trying to steal his warmth.

Enji sighed softly. He laid his head against the wall behind him as he held his son close to him. Perhaps resting here for a moment will keep Touya calm. The pro hero figured.

Well, let's say the next morning Rei found both her boys on Touya's bedroom floor, both dead asleep.