37. Say yes

Shigaraki nodded softly as he listened to the recorded clips. He seemed so focus and concerned about what he had been hearing. Dabi leaned against the wall beside him his arms folded over his chest. His eyes watched the man closely; he felt as if he couldn't take them off the man.

"This is good," the cyanette nodded as he stuffed the device into his pocket, "Thank you for your work, Dabi. You did surprisingly well."

Something about the praise Dabi was given made him feel weak at the knees. It wasn't that he hadn't been praised before; mainly it came from Twice and Toga or even Magne. But hearing it from Shigaraki? It made him feel sort of special.

"Well you're welcome," Dabi gave a brief nod.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a certain little blonde peeking over the couch. She held an evil knowing grin as she eyed the ravenette beside the boss. Dabi cocked a brow at her, but couldn't question it.

Shigaraki slid off his barstool, the device still in his hand, "Well, I'll be in my room for a little while. Knock if you need me, but please, don't need me."

And with that, the cyanette turned and made his way up the stairs. From the couch Toga giggled. Dabi turned and glared at her.

"What?" He hissed.

"You and Shiggy-kun are such a cute couple!" The blonde swooned as she perked up, her eyes now lit up in excitement.

Dabi felt heat creeping up his cheeks. He chuckled nervously as he looked away and rubbed his neck.

"What made you think we were a couple?" He asked, trying not to sound too curious.

Toga blinked, now confused herself, "Well you two are always around each other, whether it be teasing each other or what I assume is poor flirting. And the entire time while you were gone he was worried about you! So...was I wrong to assume that?"

"He was worried about me?" Dabi perked up, half-hoping to change the subject.

Toga then let out the most girly I-can't-believe-I'm-hearing-this gasp Dabi had ever heard her make, "You two aren't dating?!"

Dabi huffed and rolled his eyes. Of course, the two of them dating could only be a dream. He knew Tomura would never like him back. Not in that way at least. However, the look on Toga's face told Dabi that she was not going to let that fact go so easily.

In fact, the girl bounced up from her spot on the couch and rushed over to the ravenette. She took his hand and, forcefully, began to drag him away.

"That is not going to slide!" Toga hissed as she pulled Dabi, "Don't you worry, Dabs, I'll help you fix your little issue!"

"I wasn't worried," The ravenette sighed helplessly, "And it's my problem, Toga. Not yours."

When they finally stopped, Toga yanked him in front of her and pursed her lips, "Well it's my problem now!"

Dabi stared at her for a few good minutes. On one hand, he didn't want Toga including herself into his problems. On the other hand, she was a girl; a teenage girl nonetheless. She, hopefully, knew what she was talking about. So, with a heavy sigh, Dabi folded his arms over his chest and eyed the teen before him.

"Okay," he said reluctantly, "Have any ideas?"

Toga's eyes lit up as bright as the sun, her smile matching. Filled with excitement, the girl snatched his hand up once again and dragged him to her room. It took Dabi a second to stabilize himself in order to follow her.

Once they were in her room, Toga released the man and spun around to face him, "Sit down! I have tons of ideas in store!"

With a groan, Dabi sat down on her bed. He watched as the girl ran around her room frantically, searching through her drawers and all over her desk. When she returned, she held a package of gum, an empty journal, and a pen. She sprawled the contents all over the bed and brought her attention back to Dabi.