29. Mission Failed

A few hours of unwanted emotions later and the two acted as if nothing had happened. They were back to their usual hate-hate relationship. Not only that, but they were unusually silent. Tomura did his work in helping Dabi to patch up his wounds but, when he would get close to a scar, Dabi would snatch his head or arm away with a growl. Though, Tomura could understand why. It was the same way with himself and his own scars.

Once the two had finally finished, the room felt eerie and heavy. Dabi had folded his arms across his thighs as Shigaraki perched himself on the floor before the heavily scarred villain. There was so much he wanted to talk to him about, for example, what the hell he was thinking when he abandoned them and ran away like that. And how stupid he was to throw himself into a fight like that. However, Tomura decided against it. Right now, comfort was the best option.

"Are you sure you're alright now?" The cyanette questioned as he gently brushed his hand along Dabi's cheek.

The ravenette villain flinched his head away. "Yeah. I think I'm fine now."

Shigaraki retracted his hand. "Want some water?"

"I'll get it myself, thank you." Dabi spat more fiercely than he had intended. "You've done enough for me tonight, Boss."

Shigaraki's bright red eyes dulled. Something ate at him, he wasn't sure what. Whatever it was hurt like hell. However, the cyanette shook his head to clear it of his childish worries and gave the ravenette a nod.

"Alright," Tomura stated as he rose to his feet. "Just thought I'd try to help. Take it easy though, alright?"

And with that, the leader headed for the door. Something urged at Dabi. He wanted to call out to his boss, to apologize for his tone and thank him for his help. But he felt restrained. His voice was caught in his throat and, before he knew it, Shigaraki was out of the room.

Hours of silence had passed by and every minute Dabi felt himself grow an inch closer to insanity. His body ached from the previous day while his scars felt as if he was being jabbed by seven scolding rods. And being alone in his room wasn't any better.

At one moment, someone was screaming at him. Not even a nameable voice-or voices-just the voices. Other times it felt like he was being watched. Eyes would appear out of the most absurd places, such as the curtains, the walls, the ceiling, etc. It was suffocating. So suffocating that Dabi had forced himself to stand up and make his way out of his room.

As he stumbled down the hallway, he could hear voices talking in the main bar area. One of the voices was familiar, belonging to Kurogiri, but the other was much different. It was dark and raspy, deep yet mysterious. Somewhat familiar as well. They sounded as if they were having a formal conversation, so Dabi was hoping his presence wouldn't have been an interruption. However, his desires swiftly demolished when he stepped barely a foot out of the hall.

"It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Dabi," the darker voice called. "Or. Should I call you Touya instead?"

That name made Dabi's heart skip a beat. Touya. He was forgotten so far back into his head that, hearing it now, made Dabi's skin crawl. Heat slithered your his arms as the lights above the bar counter blinded him.

The figure who had spoken turned to him. Dabi was dumbstruck. He seemed hardly even close to human! More like a tall, suited Darth Vader. The scarred villain did his best to hold in his laughter as he met...(A/N: Wow, now I can't even say eyes- This is gonna sound weird but whatever) face-to-face with the much taller male.

"And who the hell do you think you are?" Dabi snapped in annoyance.

The figure was still. He didn't a word nor did he bother to move. After a few moments of an eerie, unnerving silence, the man spoke up.

"So I hear you've recently become an assent to the League of Villains." He started, adjusting the collar of his sleeves. "How has that been going for you?"

Temper flickered inside of Dabi's chest. He couldn't help but roll his eyes and scoff. That reaction clearly pissed off the much taller man because before Dabi even had a second to react, black whips shot across the room and snakes around Dabi's wrists. He stared down at them, confused for a moment, before hollering out in pain as electricity began to course through him.

Flames took over the scarred villain's body as he grit his teeth and narrowed his eyes towards the masked man. All he could think about was the pain, but he tried not to focus much on it. In the blink of an eye, flames erupted out from underneath the taller figure. Dabi felt himself smirk despite the pain that was coursing through his body.

The flames twisted and turned, almost in a swaying motion. Then they stopped. The flames stopped moving all together, turning into a stiff, blue wall of heat. Dabi's eyes widened as the flames suddenly came crumbling down and scattered onto the ground below. Ashes curled on the musty floorboards as embers died. The man stood there, untouched, but clearly aggravated.

"Now that was uncalled for." He spoke up as he brushed off his suit.

"Says the one that struck first." Dabi scoffed in annoyance.

Just as the masked man was about to send another course of electricity, someone stepped in between him and Dabi. Dark red eyes narrowed down towards the much taller man.

"Let him go." Tomura sneered lowly.

The masked man looked down at him. A soft, amused sound slipped out from underneath his mask. One of his hands lifted up and rested itself on the cyanette's cheek, causing fear to pour into his eyes.

"You're pushing your luck, Tomura." The masked man threatened, coldness lacing his tone.

Tomura stared back at him where his eyes were supposed. He felt his skin start to crawl and his body start to tremble, but he stood his ground. His lips remained sealed as he was too afraid to even speak. The masked man scoffed and snatched his hand away from Shigaraki's cheek. He took a few steps back, turning his attention to Dabi.

"I was merely chatting." He lied. "Welcoming one of our new...pawns to our playing field!"

Dabi rolled his eyes once again. "Wow. Such a welcome. I get electrocuted right on the spot."

Shigaraki peered over his shoulder at his teammate and sighed. He walked over and carefully pulled his hands free from the black whips that had held the scarred villain in place.

"Sorry." Tomura whispered apologetically.

The ravenette turned his gaze to Tomura's face. He felt himself smile unintentionally. "It's alright, Shig."

Shigaraki nodded softly. He looked over at the masked man again and then Kurogiri. Before he could even think of asking, the new guy spoke up.

"You've already failed biggest and most important mission I've assigned you." He scolded, turning a glare to Shigaraki. "I expected better from your, Shigaraki. But this? This is disappointing."

Tomura's eyes went wide. He stared at his boss and then Kurogiri then back at his boss one final time. H-How did he.. His mind went blank. Tomura knew for a fact that he hadn't had told his master about what had happened the other day and he knew for certain no one else had because they had only met him once and knew none of his many different locations. So who? How did he find out so fast?

"Don't screw up again." His master's words were like venom as they slipped out of his mouth. "Or I will not hesitate in taking measures into my own hands."

The cyanette's eyes watched as the masked man spun on his heels and faced the door. Kurogiri's attention followed him, giving him a bow before the taller male left the room.

By then, Tomura's heart finally felt free as it raced in his chest. He let out the breath he had been holding and sighed, his fingers running through his hair.

"Well that was something." Dabi commented.

Shigaraki whipped his head around to glare at the ravenette. There was too many things going on at once right now. He felt like he couldn't breathe. Grunting in annoyance, Shigaraki shook his head and shouldered his way past Dabi, heading towards the stairs.

"I'm going to sleep." The cyanette said bitterly. "Good night everyone."