17. Forgotten

A bolt of fear coursed through Dabi as he finally snapped back to reality. With swift thinking, the semi-hero recoiled his legs and sent a harsh kick straight into Shigaraki's gut. The deadly male yelped out in pain and retaliated back, holding his gut as he let out a low groan. Dabi scrambled up from his once defeated position and sent a death glare to the new villain.

"I'm stronger than I look." Dabi sneered at him.

That statement made Shigaraki's blood boil. Despite the pain in his gut from the booted kick, he charged at Dabi. Only for the scarred male to turn to the side and cause Tomura to slam face-first into the brick wall behind the scarred male. The second figure in the alleyway hissed softly as he expressed Tomura's obvious pain.

Shigaraki peeled himself off of the wall and sent daggers at Dabi. The redhead smirked at him and ignited a flame in his hand, obviously ready for any sort of fight the new villain was willing to bring. The smaller male just growled softly and stepped away, slipping further into the shadows.

"Twice," he turned his gaze to the second figure who was watching near the misted portal, "Let's go."

The one named Twice nodded in understandment and headed for the portal. Shigaraki began to follow him but was stopped when he felt someone grab his wrist. His ruby eyes shot over to the owner of the hand, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Let go of me." He ordered with a growl.

Dabi's icy blue eyes met Tomura's. So many emotions were in his eyes; it was hard to tell which one he was expressing. And, the longer he looked at Shigaraki, the more the emotions grew and changed. It made the cyanette's head spin and ache.

"Oi. I know you heard me!" Shigaraki snapped. "I said let me g-"

"You don't...remember me?"

The tone of the semi-hero's voice tugged at Shigaraki's heart. There was something there, something vaugely familiar to him. Maybe if he retracted back in his mind he'd find where he heard it before. While Tomura stared blankly at the semi-hero, hope fluttered in Dabi's chest. Maybe, just maybe, this would just be some joke. Or maybe Tomura didn't recognize him right off the bat! Yeah, that's it. He'll recognize him in just a second!

"Why the hell would I remember a hero like you?" Shigaraki snapped as he snatched his hand away. "Heroes are worthless to me and a waste of my time. There's no point in remembering someone who has hurt you for years and years on repeat."

"Tomura, please!" Dabi choked. "It's me! How do you NOT remember me?! Why did you-"

"Look, I don't have time to be arguing with some useless hero wannabe. If you aren't here to kill me, I'll be on my way." Tomura sneered.

With that, the cyanette villain spun around and made his way to the portal. Dabi's words played on his head on repeat. "How do you not remember me?!" What a joke. I've never seen that man before in my entire life! He blinked and stopped right before he stepped into the portal. Have I? Tomura growled lowly to himself and shook his head vigorously. No. If I had met him, I'd be sure to remember him! But...then how did he know me? All Tomura's thoughts clashed and collided in his head as he made his way into the portal. Once Tomura fully disappeared through the other side, the purple mist hissed shut.

Dabi's eyes stayed glue to where the portal had once been. His head ached with emotions and mixed feelings followed with the everlasting feeling of loneliness. He...doesn't remember me? Tears slipped out of the corners of Dabi's eyes as he bit down harshly on the inside of his cheek. (A/N: This is before Dabi's scars destroyed his entire body. Yes, he does have scars, but not as bad as the OG Dabi's yet, therefore, he still can produce treas like a normal person can and should :) ) A soft growl escaped the ravenette's throat as he brushed the tears away with his sleeve. Behind him, a soft thud echoed throughout the alley.

"Holy shit, you're fast! How about a warning whenever you decide to run off on your own!" Hawks gasped.

Dabi took a breath before mustering out a "Sorry." Everything happened so fast. For the first time in years, he finally found him. Hell, he had him right in his fucking grasp, but he let him go. Dabi ran his hand through his hair as he let out a soft, shaky sigh. Keigo must've sensed his unease because the next thing Dabi knew there was a hand on his shoulder.

"Everything okay, Dabs?" The winged semi-hero asked, concern lacing his tone. "You seem off...Normally you never run straight off like that!"

Dabi's icy blue eyes shifted over to meet his friend's soft amber ones. It took the flaming male a second to think of an answer before he finally nodded in response.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Just..." His eyes shifted to the wall where the black and purple misted portal had once been. "Just thought I saw someone I used to know."

Hawks studied his friend's facial expression. His eyes narrowed a bit as he tried to make out what he was feeling. Maybe even try and understand. But...he knew even if he wanted to he could. He could never understand Touya. Taking a soft breath, Hawks rubbed his friend's shoulder gently.

"Well the heroes got things under control now." Hawks looked up at his friend and flicked his head behind him. "What do you say we head back to the apartment and chill there, eh?"

Dabi looked over his shoulder at his winged friend. He took a soft breath and nodded a little as he spun his body around. Keeping quiet, the flaming male followed his winged partner out of the alleyway. No matter what he did, he couldn't shake the thought.

That..had to be him. Shigaraki.. But why didn't he remember me? I thought...Maybe I was just a fool. Or... Dabi's body jolted to a stop as an idea popped into his head. I can just find out for myself! He said he was the leader of a group called the League of Villains, right? A smirk made it's way across his face as his pace started to quicken. He ran right by Hawks and headed for their shared apartment.

"I'll find you, Tomura. We'll be back together; no matter the cost!"