24. Surprise Guest

No matter how many times he tried, Dabi couldn't get Hawks's words out of his head. He was right. Tomura wasn't waiting for him, and probably never would again. But he was right there! Maybe if he hadn't had left. Maybe if he had waited for him to return, in hopes of fixing all past and present mistakes. Of course, Dabi had only one person to blame for that.

"Kaori." The ravenette murmured under his breath.

It felt wrong, almost disgusting. That name didn't belong in his mouth. It was wrong. HE was wrong. He had no right to experiment on a child like he had, nor even claim that that child was his just so he could continue his sick ideas. It doesn't matter what name society gave him, they all knew what he did. Well, four out of eight knew.

When Dabi finally came back into the shabby villain base, all eyes were on him. Toga had spun herself around on the couch, peering too cat-like over the back cushions to even believe she was close to a human.

"Yo, Dabi, where have you been?" Spinner tilted his head, a quizzical expression following his movement.

The ravenette simply shrugged his shoulders. "I just went out to get some air. It was smelling too much like alcohol in here for my liking."

"Thought you loved the smell of alcohol." "Seems a little suspicious to me!" Twice chimed in but ended up arguing with himself. Again.

"Only to the point where it gives me a headache. I don't want to get tipsy just by the smell." Dabi simply shrugged as he made his way to the stairs.

He drowned out the sound of the others easily with the white noise that was constantly in his head. Or by the sound of crackling fire. Whatever it was, it helped. Once he snapped back to reality, he felt a small body collide into him. Two fragile hands placed themselves on both the arsonists shoulders for balance. Dabi's hands, instinct, wrapped themselves around the figures waist.

"Sorry." Dabi sighed, his eyes shifting down to the smaller frame against his chest.

To his surprise, two bright red eyes stared back into his. Seeing him up close like this, the ravenette noticed small things that he had never bothered to memorize. He had small scars above and under his eyes, lining them somehow perfectly. Small cuts dressed his lips, some more irritated than others. Honestly, they made his features seemed more...bearable.

"It's fine." Shigaraki murmured under his breath, just as caught in his eyes as Dabi was in his.

After a few minutes of staring in silence, the cyanette pulled away from Dabi, crossing his arms.

"Just...watch where you're going next time." Tomura hissed as he shouldered his way past the taller male. The ravenette watched him walk away into the living room and let out a soft sigh as he spun around, trudging the opposite way from where the two were.

"So what's been going on out here?" The leader asked as he made his way into the main area.

All eyes landed on him. Toga, who's eyes lit up in joy, bounced off the couch and hopped over to Shigaraki, throwing her arms around him. The cyanette blinked in surprise and turned his attention to the blonde haired teen who had clung herself to him. Slowly, he let his hands drop to the side, one reaching up and patting her.

"Hey, Himiko." Tomura chuckled softly.

The blonde girl turned her head to look at her friend. Her smile got even brighter. "Hi, Tomura-kun!"