20. Familiar Faces

That...no. It couldn't be.

Dabi's mind seemed to became more and more scrambled every second. Things weren't normal, he knew that, but this?! He couldn't wrap his head around it.

No time for that. The ravenette shook his head harshly. He turned his head back towards the run down building's door and inhaled deeply before reaching out to the door.

Before he could open said door, he felt someone grab his shoulder. Once again, he lit a flame into his palm and whirled around to them. This time he got them, but just barely. The figure hissed and shook the small flickering flame off their arm. The ashes and cinders fell to the ground, the bright blue light slowly fading into a soft orangey yellow.

The figure shifted their attention back to the ravenette before them. They narrowed their eyes menacingly. Their glare was so harsh that Dabi could feel a burning feeling in his chest, like his heart was being carved into. The ravenette stepped back, locking eyes with this unknown figure.

"And who the hell are you?" Dabi spat coldly.

He had to be ready. What if they lunged at him? These were villains we're talking about; they live to take advantage over those who are weak. Predator prey instincts one would call it.

"I should be asking you the same thing." The new figure spoke up. "How the hell did you even get here?"

Dabi's eyes narrowed toward the new figure. "And why the hell should I tell you that?"

"Because my boss doesn't tolerate little shittheads like you prowling around his territory." The hooded figure spoke up. "Now, if you wish to keep your head, you'll tell me your business here. If you refuse, then be prepared to face the consequences."

Swiftly, they unsheathed a knife out of the side of their trenchcoat. It looked new, pre-sharpened to say the least. The cutting edge glimmered sinisterly under the light of the full moon's light. Dabi's eyes met the shimmer and he took a nervous step back.

"Alright." He sighed in surrender. "Alright. I'll talk." I don't feel like dying tonight.

"Very well then." The shimmer of sharp, steel object slowly faded back into darkness. The figure turned his attention back to Dabi, the feeling of their glare still as acidic as before. "Now. Talk."

The ravenette took a deep breath befor he began to explain. "My name is Dabi. I was looking for a group called the "League of Villains" when this woman going by the name Blood Loss led me here."

The figure let out an irritated scoff. Between his irritated mumbles, Dabi could hear a soft "Of course it was her." and "I thought he banned her years ago!" and finally an "I should have known." After his little mental fit, the figure sighed and slipped his hood off, turning to face Dabi again.

"And why, might I ask, are you looking for the Leauge of Villains?" He asked, curiousity obvious in his tone.

"There's someone in that group I've been meaning to talk to. About joining them that is." The ravenette quickly added.

Well that put a smile on the man's face.

"Well why didn't you just say so!" The elderly looking man stated with a grin. "Right this way!"

His sudden change in tune sent a bolt of unease straight up Dabi's spine. The way he confidently stride away only made it worse. But, where else was he supposed to go? He had come so far now; he can't just turn back.

Do it for Tomura. Taking a deep breath, Dabi began to the weird, elderish man.

Before Dabi knew it, they were inside a new building. He couldn't even count the amount of alleys they had went through just to get here! The ravenette slipped up behind the male, who he soon found out was named Giran, as he inspected the area.