13. What's the Point?

People always find themselves asking one question, whether they realize it or not. 'What's the point?'

'What's the point of listening to so-and-so talk on like this?'

'What's the point of having to deal with this bullshit?'

'What's the point in continuing on with this life?'

'What's the point of making friends when you know they'll leave?'

'What's the point of loving people when they'll just die one day?'

More asked more commonly than others. Sometimes Touya asked himself those questions a little too much. He and Tomura were what people liked to call 'over-thinkers'. Which, was entirely true.

But over thinking couldn't save them from the impending events that they were about to face. The adversity that was going to happen.

"Tomu?"

The tealette was snapped out of his thoughts as he turned to see Touya standing on the porch behind him. A leather jacket draped over his shoulders lazily, finding that the only thing of warmth in the whole damned house.

"You alright? It's 2 in the morning." The ravenette paced over and squatted down next to his smaller framed boyfriend.

"Yeah." Tomura crossed his arms and rubbed them a bit. "Just can't shake this awful feeling, that's all."

Touya's face fell from curiosity to concern.

"What kind of feeling?" Touya asked. He slipped off the jacket and wrapped it around Tomura, figuring they'd be outside for a bit.

"You know that feeling you get when you forget something? Or it's a Sunday and you realize you have school the next day?" Tomura gazed over at the raven haired boy, who gave him a 'is my boyfriend on drugs look'. "I don't know how to explain it, so don't judge my choice of words."

"Too late." Touya shrugged, earning an arm swat from his boyfriend.

"I'm serious!" Tomura scolded him. "Something's wrong! I don't know what it is, but something just feels off."

Touya calmed himself from his snickering fit as he turned his attention back to Tomura. A soft sigh escaped the arsonists lips as he sat down properly beside his teal haired boyfriend. He placed a hand on his shoulder gingerly.

"Well, whatever happens, just know I'll be right by your side." Touya smiled softly when Tomura's Ruby eyes met his own icy blue ones.

A small smiled toyed at Tomura's lips. "Right."

Touya brought his slightly scarred hand up to Tomura's cheek and brushed it across it. He never knew why, but for some reason he was always so delicate with Tomura. The tealette's story was still a mystery to the ravenette but something tells him that it was never a bright day in his family.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, Tomura yawned softly and nudged Touya's hand away. "I'm going to head back to bed. You coming?"

"Yeah. I'll be in in a second." Touya nodded.

Giving the tealette a small kiss to the forehead, Touya watched as his lover disappeared into the bitter coldness of the house. He sighed softly. I need to help him as much as I can. Touya told himself. He's gone through a lot. If this feeling is enough to keep him up at night, it must be pretty bad. I need to be ready for when anything happens.

Taking one last deep breath, Touya spun around and began to make his way back into the house.

(Time skip brought to you by the scent of Sharpies)

Blood shot everywhere as another blade was pierced into a civilian. The figure bolted forward before collapsing onto their face, causing the knife to impale further into their chest. A Cheshire smile came from the shadows of where the knife had been thrown.

"You're getting better at aiming." Touya nodded at the shorter blonde, who was bouncing eagerly at the sight of blood.

"Thanks, Touya-Kun!" Himiko giggled.

Touya looked back at the deceased body that lay motionless on the ground. He peered out of the alleyway and looked both ways before stepping back in.

"Go get your knife." Touya flicked his head to the entrance of the alley.

The blonde nodded vigorously before skipping out. As Himiko approached the body, there was a loud popping sound. One, from years of being on the run, was painfully familiar to the ravenette. He watched in horror as Himiko's skips came to an abrupt halt and she stood still, swaying a bit in a hunched position. The world seemed to freeze around Touya as he watched his once cheerful, carefree friend fall face-first to the ground.

Touya started to run out to her but forced himself to stop as three men came over to the young pre-teen. Each of them had a drabby look, as if they had lived on the streets for years. They were old, probably around mid thirties younger forties. One of them crouched down to Himiko, poking her head with the barrel of his pistol.

"You think she's dead?" He asked, his voice low and gruffly.

The second one, more tall and lanky than his colleagues, knelt down to her as well. He placed to inhumanly skinny fingers on her neck. After about 30 seconds, he pulled away.

"No pulse." A maniacal smirk toying at his lips. "Weak ass skank."

Touya's stomach churned as he listened to the men talk about his friend. He wanted to burn them all alive. Something in him made him want to set the whole world on fire just to get her back. Hell he'd even go back to his father if it meant she could come back.

Somehow, seeing Himiko laying on the ground that way, made him think of his own little sister. She felt like his little sister. Nothing could ever take that feeling away. Taking a hesitant step back, Touya spun around and sped down the alleyway.

His continued to run, not caring about the pain of lose in his chest or the overwhelming feeling of hate he felt for himself and those men who had slaughtered his best friend. Everything had happened so suddenly and, when everything came back to him, he realized he was in their shab of a house. Tomura's arms were wrapped around him, holding him tightly as he begged Touya to tell him what was wrong.

"Hi..Himi, she.." Touya choked over his words as he tried to get them out. It was hard to breathe and only got harder as the fresher memories came back to him.

"Sweetheart, take a deep breath, okay? Calm down." Tomura whispered soothingly. His index finger traced up Touya's spine as he tried to calm his boyfriend down. "What happened to Himiko?"

"W-We...were out..She killed..and then..gunshot.." Touya's arms wrapped around the smaller tealette as he buried his face in the shorter's shoulder. "It's all my fault! I checked! I should've seen them!"

Pain and pity filled Tomura's eyes. His heart broke seeing Touya cry, but hearing about Himiko only added to the heavy pain in his chest.

Gently, Tomura raked his hand through Touya's hair. "She's safe now, Touya." He whispered softly as tears pricked his eyes. "Our Himi's under His protection now. She won't have to suffer anymore."

Those words only made Touya's sobs worse. He cried out in pain and sorrow into the smaller male's shoulder, waiting to wake up from this horrible nightmare. Alas, nothing happened.

As of that day, Himiko Toga had been put to her final rest.

So, I decided to make a turn in this story! I'm sorry to all those people who love Toga, but this will lead to more important events in my story, I promise! Toga shall NOT die in vein!

Now I shall go cry my soul out ;3;