35. The plan to decieve

"So...let me get this straight," the winged hero groaned as he held his somewhat warm coffee mug firmly, "You couldn't find that "Tenko" guy like you had planned on doing, so you decided to come crawling back to me? At three in the fucking morning."

"Sounds about right." Dabi responded with a rather lazy shrug.

The blonde hero gave an irritated groan as he rolled his eyes. He took a sip of his caffeinated drink as his wings ruffled in annoyance.

"Couldn't you have waited until, I don't know, at least dawn?" Keigo asked in a cranky tone.

"Hey, at least I let you go back to sleep." Dabi argued back.

"For four more hours."

"I wouldn't be arguing if I were you." The scarred man said in a motherly tone. "There are people out there who don't get to sleep in comfortable beds or even with a roof over their head."

Keigo felt his eye twitch as he eyed his friend and, used to be, crush. He let out a heavy sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Dabi, on the other hand, gave a playful grin. He folded his arms behind his head as his eyes took in the apartment around him. Honestly, he hadn't expected it to be so clean and organized. After all, this was Keigo we were talking about. But then again, most of the stuff in here seemed unused. It was only Dabi's assumption that Keigo didn't come home until late in the evening or early in the morning; so, there was no use for this stuff.

The scarred villain gave a heavy sigh. "So, what's on the agenda for today?" He asked as he gave Keigo a curious glance.

"Excuse me?" The winged man turned his attention to Dabi.

"I said what's on the agenda for today." The man looked at the hero. "What are we going to do today?"

That sent Keigo into a laughing fit. He even had to set his mug down so he could hold his chest as he doubled over. Dabi cocked his brow at the man as he casted him a concerned look. When the laughing finally came to a stop, Keigo gave Dabi a sudden cold look.

"No." He said as he took a long drink of his coffee.

Dabi blinked in surprise. "What? What do you mean no?"

"I mean no." Keigo sighed. "I know you and your whole personality. And there is no way in hell I'm bringing you to work with me."

"Come on!" Dabi whined.

"No."

"Please?" The man begged.

"Absolutely not."

Dabi scoffed as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You know I'll just follow you anyways. So what's the big deal?"

The winged hero stared at Dabi. Dammit. He thought as he face-palmed himself. Of course he would. Fucking pesty bastard. After a long moment of uncomfortable silence and a begging look on Dabi's face, Keigo gave a loud groan.

"Fine!" He huffed. "Fine. You can come along."

Dabi smiled victoriously. He went to speak but Keigo's voice cut him off.

"But," Keigo started. "You have to listen to me. Because of that stunt you and the league pulled a few days ago, people will know who you are. We can't have you just waltzing up to a hero agency looking like...well, you."

The scarred villain gave a small pout. He already regretted asking to come, and Keigo hadn't even done anything or told him his idea. All he knew was that he had to listen to the hero and that was a buzzkill enough. But it was either this or the league get nowhere. So, with a rather groaned sigh, Dabi pinched the bridge of his nose and spoke.