39. Something's wrong

When Shigaraki finally awakened, multiple hours later, he found himself in an almost unrecognizable room. Shadows casted over the walls, giving the place an eerie vibe. Any of the furniture inside was overtaken by darkness. The only speck of light in the entire room was moonlight that had managed to creep through the curtains.

Groaning, the cyanette sat up. Almost immediately he winced and held onto his head. He felt as if his head was replaced with a snare drum or a ticking time bomb about to explode. What the hell happened?

"I have no idea," a voice whispered in the back of Shigaraki's mind.

He jumped up to attention, all pain suddenly ignored. His eyes went wide, blinking profoundly. Slowly, his fingers ran through his hair.

"Who the...?"

Suddenly, a eerie creaking came from the front of Shigaraki's room. His eyes darted to the door, his fists clenched. At this point, he was confused, in pain, and slowly getting more and more irritated. He was ready to dust the next loudest person he encountered.

However, the face that peeked in was one he almost didn't recognize. Well not immediately that is. It was difficult to make out their face, especially since the dim light behind them did not illuminate their face at all. After a few moments, the voice spoke.

"I'm glad to see that you're awake, Boss," they said in a rather formal tone. That hinted at Shigaraki that the figure was Compress.

Shigaraki couldn't form words just yet so he just grunted as he nodded. The subtle head movement did not help with the raging tidal waves of pain in his head though.

"Would you like me to get you anything?" Compress asked, "I believe after fainting as you did, you would probably at least want some water."

The cyanette hesitated before nodding again, this time softer. He almost wasn't sure that Compress had seen the movement, but he got his answer when the door shut quietly.

Huffing, Shigaraki leaned back on his bed now laying on his back. He stared at the blackened out ceiling silently. I fainted? That's odd. I've never fainted before.

"It will seem quite odd for a little while," the voice from before said, "You should get used to it."

Shigaraki blinked rapidly. What the hell?! I know I wasn't imagining that this time!

"You know, you're little thoughts of confusion are quite entertaining," the voice chuckled.

Shigaraki clenched his fists again, biting back any other words or thoughts that came to his head. The voice sounded so familiar that it felt like Shigaraki's brain was slowly ripping itself up. The pressure of remembering and his raging headache was not a good mix whatsoever.

Suddenly, the creaking sound of the door filled the room again, dragging Shigaraki's attention to it again. To his surprise, it wasn't Compress who awaited him. This figure was taller—but that, Shigaraki soon realized, was due to the fluffy head of hair he had—and more muscular. He hated that now their face was all fuzzy but their presence was so vaguely familiar. Who was this guy?

"Thought that bastard was kidding," the man spoke up as he welcomed himself into the room. He walked over to Shigaraki's bed casually and knelt himself down onto the floor. "How are you feeling?"

Shigaraki's eyes lingered on the man's face. Burning blue eyes. Eyes as blue as a moonlight ocean. They were so beautiful, so intriguing. So familiar. His brain was rattling all over the place. The man looked familiar, but, somehow, he didn't at the same time. Shigaraki was even more confused with that statement.