12. Scars of the Past

Shigaraki and Toga sat on the couch. They were talking amongst each other as the TV played so shit TV show Toga had put on earlier. Tomura folded his arms behind his head, listening to Toga rant about whatever her and her friend had done the other day. He smiled a little as his eyes back to the stairs. Weird. He thought. Touya hasn't come down in a while.

"Himiko, what time is it?" Tomura asked.

Toga picked up her phone and flicked it on. "1:32 in the afternoon. Why?"

"Have you seen Touya at all this morning?"

Toga tilted her head a little. "No? Why?"

Tomura's face fell as he turned completely to the stairs. He stood up and walked up to their bedroom. When he arrived, his eyes darted around the room. Sadly, there was no sign of his scarred boyfriend, not even a trace of him or that he had even been in the room! Tomura cursed under his breath as he hopped down the stairs.

The blonde bunned girl on the couch was now fully spun around and watching as Tomura paced into the kitchen. Not in here either. he thought. A serge of painc flooded over his body. Kurogiri didn't take him, right?! I swear to God if he did!

"Maybe he went out earlier before we woke up?" Toga suggested as if she could sense the uneasiness radiating off of him.

"He would've left a note of something." Shigaraki shook his head quickly. No. He's still here. He has to be!

"What if he thought he'd be back before we woke up and decided not to?"

Tomura turned to her. That could be true, but wouldn't he have texted him by now? The smaller male made his way back to the stairs and climbed them back up to the bedroom. He swiped his phone off the nightstand and flicked it on. Not a single damn notification! A low growl escaped his throat as he shoved his phone into his pocket and started to walk back downstairs.

"Anything?" Toga questioned as Tomura came into her view.

"Nope."

The blonde girl frowned as her friend trudged over and plopped down beside her. He rested his elbow on the arm of the couch and laid his hand on his fist. His eyes shifted over to the door aimlessly, hoping it would open and Dabi would walk through at any minute. Please don't be kidnapped. He thought.

The two of them sat their in silence for about two hours. There had been no sign of Dabi since then. Tomura let out a growly sigh as he hoisted himself up from the couch and made his way back to the stairs. When he opened the bedroom door, he was greeted by a thick cloud of black smoke. Tomura's hands covered his face as he winced. He peeked through his arms and panic shot through his body. Smoke? Why is there smoke?! Where is it coming from?!

Shigaraki paced into the room, leaving the door cracked behind him. He looked around the room until he saw the door of the bathroom slightly cracked open. A small flicker of blue light flashed by the window every now and then as if it was waving at Tomura, luring him to come closer. Which he did, his body moving on it's own. Hesitantly, he pushed the door open. Shigaraki's whole body froze when he saw what was laid out before him.

The entire bathroom was pitch black. A figure was knelt in the middle of the floor, bright blue flames sparkling like gems all over their body. However, they looked as if the flames didn't even hurt! Tomura took a hesitant step forward. Ash had coated the once marble-white tiles, leaving them a dirty grey color.

"Touya?" Shigaraki whispered.

The figure flinched. Panic surged through Shigaraki as he rushed over and fell to his knees in front of Dabi. He tried to find any clear skin on Dabi's burning body to try and snap him out of whatever trance he was in. Tears pricked his eyes.

"Dabi, please stop! You're hurting yourself!" Tomura cried. He wanted to grab him, hold him, do whatever he could to figure out what was wrong. the only thing stopping him was the bright blue flames that littered his boyfriend's body.

"So what?" Dabi spat, his voice weak and more soft amongst the flames.

Tomura blinked. Is he crazy?! He swallowed the lump in his throat and shook his head.

"So? Touya, burning yourself won't stop anything! Please put them out! Talk to me! Tell me what's wrong, please!" Tomura begged.

Dabi lifted his head a little. His eyes met Shigaraki's almost instantly. There was something about the look in his eyes that seemed almost familiar to the smaller, frail boy. Though, he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Please..put out your flames." Tomura muttered through his tears. "I don't want to see you burn to death before me."

That hit something in the both of them. When Dabi blinked, all Tomura's features had been shifted into someone else. Someone painfully familiar.

"Touya, please."

Dabi's eyes widened. Fuyumi..? Slowly, the flames died down along his body. He winced as the cold air slammed against his now smoking skin. Tomura hesitantly laid a hand on Dabi's cheek and pulled him against his much smaller body, laying Dabi's head on his shoulder. Tears blurred Dabi's vision as he grit his teeth and buried his face into Shigaraki's shoulder.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Tomura!" Dabi whimpered.

Shigaraki frowned. He ran his hand through Dabi's hair, rubbing small, comforting circles on his back. "Hey, you don't have to apologize Touya! Just...don't do that to yourself. You shouldn't burn yourself, it'll just make things worse!"

Dabi just nodded silently. There was no excuse for what he had just done. At least, none that he knew Tomura would actually believe. So, he just stayed quiet.

"Can I patch you up?" Shigaraki whispered to him.

"In a bit..I want to stay like this a bit longer. Please?"

Shigaraki nodded. He scooted both him and Dabi to the wall, laying his back against it. Dabi adjusted himself a bit and let Tomura hold him again. The smaller male kept both his pinkies up. Unsurprisingly enough, Dabi felt warm to the touch, which Shigaraki was not complaining about!

He ran his hand through Dabi's hair gently, letting his colder body absorb his boyfriend's heat. A small smile formed on his face as Dabi shuffled against him.

"You're way too comfortable, you know that?" Dabi smirked softly.

"Really? Thought I was always more boney than fleshy." Tomura shrugged.

"Well you're not."

Tomura smiled softly. He laid his head against Dabi's carefully as his taller boyfriend nestle his head in the crook of the smaller's neck.

"Love you, Dabi. Never forget that, alright?" Tomura said softly.

Dabi snickered a little. "Alright, alright! I won't."